Chapter 10

"Well?" Her voice echoed.

Minutes passed, still no one even stood up. Suddenly the door opens.

We all turned our heads around towards the door and there revealed a middle aged woman with a teenage girl that looks exactly like someone i know.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet a good friend of mine, Tina and her daughter April." Dash introduced them to the board members. I'm not mistaken...

Its agent Kelly's family.

The two bowed down but as Tina was about to speak, agent Kelly stood up, startling everyone in the room including me.

"I'm the spy! I-I'm the spy..j-just please don't involve my family in this.." He kneeled and begged desperately.

"I had the hunch it was you, Oakley. Don't worry about your family, they'll be safe as long as I live." Dash kneeled down to meet his teary eyes and reassured him.

~~~~~
Quibble's POV

"So Ma'm, it's getting late now. I have arranged your schedules for tomorrow and--have you been chewing on your hair? Don't practice that habit, it's not healthy. Also, Blue's moving up is in the morning, so I have called our clients to move the meetings some time when they are available. And lastly, I have contacted your lawyer and cooperated with Oakley's lawyer about the connection of the Skies. Restriction orders are also being taken care of, guaranteed that mr. Oakley's family is safe to whoever may threaten them."

I looked over her when I heard no footsteps other than mine. She keeps staring into space. That jerkass said something to her earlier, I'm sure of that. They went into the elevator together.

I bend over her, she's a 5"6 footer, taller than most of the women working here, but I'm a 6 and a half footer. I often tease her about it and she had to wear heels or height supports.

I gently blew wind to her face and she immediately snapped. "Your breath smells like fish." She commented while glaring at me. I chuckled.

"Have you been listening to what I just said? Anyways, I did everything you asked. So.." I trailed off. I want to go home, but I remember the dinner. I was hoping that she could remember it despite the hectic day we had.

"So? Anything else? Hmmm...Well if no, then let's go home. I'm tired as heck." I'm not gonna lie when I say I feel disappointed when I heard that. But I gotta understand her, running a company with almost 1000 branches, taking care of a son is hard work already.

We drove home at 6 pm and I immediately went to bed, much to my disappointment.

"Uncle Quibble! Mommy needs your help in the dining area!" Blue cried, waking me up at 8pm. I jolted from my bed, wearing only pajamas, I quickly rushed downstairs.

"Dash?! What's going on? Everything okay here? Did someone broke in?!" I panicked.

Downstairs down the pathway is dark until I heard a familiar, "Good evening tall thing."

I turned around, and I see someone smirking, sitting on a chair beside the Lanai. It's Dash.

Her long, rainbow locks are styled into this sleek, straight look. She has light eyeshadow and red velvet bitten lips. She looks breathtaking. I mean of course even when bare faced. She wore a classic velvet tube red dress that goes down to her knees, with thin straps along with a fur shawl. My throat felt dry, yet I feel like drooling.

Calm down Quibble, she's just a friend and maybe she just researched what to wear in a fancy dinner right ???

But I can't be calm when she looked this beautiful! Have mercy on my weak heart please!

I tried to avert my attention to something else and observed what she did to the area. I see candle lights, fairy lights a red table cloth with a gold runner,  with a bucket filled with ice  and a bottle filled with classic Apple Cider. The table is filled with a lot of fancy food, cooked steak with gravy along with Caesar salad, grilled salmon with a hint of lemon..? Did she made all of this?

I chuckled and although despite being thinking this is cheesier like in the movies, I managed to say something at last,"Is this your idea of 'best restaurants in town'?" I joked.

"Bitch this is my effort! You'd think I forgot what I promised you?" She acted like she was offended. I laughed.

"You know you shouldn't have made all of this." I crossed my arms and lean on the rails of the stairs. She perked her head acting innocent.

"Why tho?"

"What you're seeing right here is already a fancy full course meal." I gestured my six pack that compliments well with my buff figure.

She  was startled for a second but just laughed and rolled her eyes,"Whatever Pantsuit. Here, go change into something nice. Better hurry though, dinner will be cold and my hard work will be all for nothing." She handed me a paper bag with a gray tux in it along with a red tie that matches her outfit.

After I went to my room to change and fix my hair for a bit, I went downstairs again, hearing cheesy piano music. I stopped in my tracks as I prepared myself to face her with a smug on my face. I proceeded to go downstairs.

As I went closer to the area, the more she stares at me. Do I look weird with gray and red? But I joked about it anyways.

"I know I look like a meal, Dash. You can stop drooling." I teased. Amidst the low and romantic lighting, I can see her turning beet red and checking whether she was really drooling. I chuckled.

I just sat down and stared at her. "What now?" She raised one brow.

I reached out for both of her hands and held them tight. "Thank you." I simply said with a smile. She smiled back.

"Let's enjoy this dinner, okay?" With that I nodded.