Chapter four

*Esther Pov*

It's been a week. It has been hands down the best week of my life. I called and texted Brutus every moment that I could. I went to see him whenever I could. Ever since our little date he's been seeing me every morning when I go to dance sing and play. Then we go to his house and we hang out. It's been mostly innocent. I feel like he's holding back knowing I'm not ready for something more than making out. We'll grind against each other every now and then but we'll stop before it gets to heated. Than he'll walk me to work and I'll call him when I get home. We're both obsessed. I can't get enough of him and he seems to be unable to get enough of me. I locked the door to the music shop and started along the not very well lit road. I hear footsteps behind them and at first didn't think anything of it till I realized there was more than one of them and they were following me. I pulled out my phone while slowly quickening the pace. Everything closed at this time. If I call the police they wont find me in time. I called the only person who could find me in time for me to maybe not die. "Hey you got home quickly. Miss me." I don't know how but I kept calm. The people following probably weren't close enough to hear what was saying so I just told him. "I's being followed. I's don't know who but they following me." I imediatly heard movement on the other end. "I'm coming. Where are you?" I crossed a street not even checking knowing no one should be out at this fucking hour. Says me the person out at this fucking hour. "My normal route. I's bout to-ahh!" I suddenly got pulled back by the collar of my jacket. I dropped my phone in shock. "You niger gonna die tonight." I pulled away by pulling off my jacket and started running. "Don't think you're getting away now." Said another voice and I heard them chasing after me. I started running in the direction I knew Brutus was going to come from. I ran for my fucking life. I ran two blocks before they caught me. They threw me off balance and I crashed into a wall. I sat up to see three men with ski masks and gloves with spikes on the knuckles every piece of skin covered. "The nigers a fucking coward. Can't even take a beating when he's earned it. You earned it by being a fucking faggot. And your little faggot boyfriend is going to hear every last scream." He said pulling out the phone in front off my face. Being the idiot I am I spit in his face and grabbed the phone. "Grass lane and Forest street intersection- oof." One of them kicked me in the stomach and I dropped my phone again. He kicked me again and again until I threw up. The others joined in and all I could feel were kicks and punches hitting every part of my body. Brutus please hurry.

*Brutus Pov*

I was speeding I knew that for a fact. I had activated the tracker I placed on Esther's phone and was semi hoping that a cop would follow me because I couldn't end the call. I couldn't stop listening. I heard sirens behind me and sighed in relief. I saw the street intersection and drifted and braked to stop my car. I turning my headlights onto the offenders blinding them as I exited the car as fast as I could. I never put on my seatbelt. I heard the cop car stopping and getting out of his car. I blocked the offender from one side and the cop was on the side my car stopping them from going the only other way. I looked down at Esther and saw him beaten and bruised. It didn't help my rage but I had briefed myself on the laws and as long as I didn't throw a punch they're going to jail for a very long time. And I'm sure the king of hell is going to want their souls. A welcoming present for when I get back home.

In the end the officer arrested the men and I raced Esther to the closest hospital. I was more carefully with him driving but still fast cause I truly could not tell if he was going to make it. His breathing and heartbeat was so slow. I can't let him die. I haven't claimed him. I haven't told him I'm a demon prince. I haven't told him he's my mate... I haven't told him I love him.