Chapter 11

*Brutus Pov*

*15 years latter*

"Granddad! Granddad! Look!" I sighed as the little one handed me yet another leaf. "Now what have we got here?" I said faking to inspect it. He had given me more leafs than I could count and I knew he just wanted my attention. "It's an oak leaf Grandfather." I widened my eyes. "Really? That's wonderful." He smiled before running off to get me yet another leaf. I sighed again as Rose walked in holding one of the children she watches. The leafy Caleb was one of her recent adoptions. She in her mate fostered about five children now. One was now a pop star, another is a scientist, the third is a chef, the fourth is a social worker just like Rose. The fifth likes leaves. "Dad I gotta go thanks for helping me out." Rose said reaching over to hug me. I wrapped a strong arm around her. My other was stuck holding me up using a cane. "Die soon okay so you can see Daddy." I chuckled. She always knew everything. She always thought mine and her Daddy's love story was more Romantic than any other. She knew everything I could tell her about her daddy. I sighed, "Not long now. Just make sure they don't play that sad music at my funeral." She laughed as Caleb was coming up to me with another oak leaf. "When you see Grandaddy fuck him good." He said ever so innocently. Rose gasped and I chuckled. "Caleb we're leaving and having a serious discussion about your language when we get home." Caleb frowned. I waited for it knowing how he learned that word and how to use it. "Mommy always tells you to fuck her good when you get sad. So if Granddad fucks Granddaddy good he'll be happy again." I awwed at him pulling him into a hug. Rose was blushing but I also knew she couldn't be mad at him anymore. "Don't worry Caleb. I'll make sure we're both happy once I see him." They quickly left after that taking all the kids they were watching with them. I stayed outside before walking over to the oak tree. It was my birthday. I'm 65. It's not that Rose forgot we just don't make a big deal. I scraped my cain along the exposed roots of the tree. This time I'll die of cancer. My heart will stop soon and I'll be immediately be taken down to the ninth floor of hell. I started feeling the pain in my heart and I laid there hoping it would take me. I'm ready for this. I need this. When it started fading I curse out loud. "Just let me die already! I've raised Rose what more could you want from me!" I stood up rushing into my home. I walked over to the fire place where a large picture of my wedding stood. Along with the first and last picture taken with us both in it. And some pictures of Rose as she grew up. I was breathing hard and my heart started hurting again causing me to drop my cane and fall to the ground. This is it for sure. I grabbed my wallet pulling out pictures I kept in them and held them to my chest with both hands. "I'm coming Esther. I'm coming my love."

*Esther Pov*

I woke up in his room. I flashed my eyes around the room finding it empty. Did it not work? How long was I asleep? I groaned standing up and walking around. No one was in the halls and I decided to go to one place before they put me back to sleep. I was having an odd urge to do this and didn't really have the mental energy to deny it. I entered the room and I pulled back the seat and stopped.

*Brutus Pov*

I awoke in the chambers in my castle. If I assume correctly my father wouldn't let him leave the first level without me. I jumped up. I was in just sweatpants so I just grabbed a sweater. I let my true form take over as I ran out of my castle. "Your majesty!" One servant cried out as I used my wings to skip a staircase sailing over him. "It's Brutus I told you." I said feeling rather jolly. I finally get to see my mate.

*Esther Pov*

I sat down finally but I stopped again. I stopped and just sat there. What's wrong with me?

*Brutus Pov*

I landed before returning to my semi human form. Still running. I threw on sweater and I rushed threw the castle heading to the throne room. I saw my eldest brother Focus and jumped over him. "Brutus wait!" He called out to me. "We'll talk later I got to find Esther!" I turned the corner and enter the throne room. My Dad was in there talking with a few guards. "B-Brutus?" I rushed up to him pulling him into a hug. "Hey dad," I pulled away smiling brightly. "Where's Esther?" His face fell. "Uh well about that, he's uh just gone missing." I pulled away immediately feeling panic. "What?!" He put his hands up trying to calm me. "He was starting to see you so we put him to sleep. But the guards just found that the door was open and he wasn't there about twenty minutes ago. The beds still warm so he should still be close so we should find him quickly." My face fell. He's supposed to be here waiting for me. Did he wake up and decide to leave? Did I take too long to die?

*Esther Pov*

I finally placed my hands on the keys of the piano playing the first song that came to mind.

*Brutus Pov*

I started freaking out and my father was rubbing my back when we both heard it. We both jumped up following the sound of music. It has to be him. I know it.