12

The scents of burning and spilled energon flooded my nose, fire and wreckage clouded my field of view, the roar of open flame and beams breaking took over my audio senors. I could feel the flames attempting to eat through me, the heat making me nervous. Deep in me was the fear of flame, burning. I ran ever faster attempting to catch up to the pred I was hunting. I slid to a stop reaching a room that had not been touched yet by the flames that ate away at everything else. I turned and looked to the end of the room at the walls began to take on a new color flames catching up with me. At the other end of the room was the beast, brown plating purple optics. "So it ends," He said looking across at me, "Yes." I agreed, my voice was not joyous I was not gloating. I did not want this, "Let me ask you something first." I said, "Well we do have the time." He said actually sounding interested. "You have been letting me go as well. You never meant to kill me." I said conviction clear in my voice. He stood silent a moment, "So my bluff has been called." He admitted lowering his head a little. I didn't have a response, what could I say to that? I huffed letting the voice of my instincts back into my head. I started moving towards him my ears pinned back and spikes raised. He backed away to the corner of the room, not scared but bracing himself so it seemed. There was nothing but mere inches between us now. Nothing to save him, nothing to stop me. I reared jaws open wide as I went to drive my saber teeth into his neck plating. 

Seconds from the strike the wall next to us, separating us from the world without fire blew. It sent shards into my side. The blistering heat combined with the pain from the new wounds, my form yowled for me to stop as I was now blown into a wall. Landslide took the opportunity, but I saw, he stopped turning to look back for me, "Alpha! Run!" He yelled fighting himself. He disappeared from my gaze, and presumably had run. I staggered pulling my exhausted form from the wall. The world was blurring and spinning, I fell to my side, energon coating the floor beneath me. I had to get up had to run for safety, I could not leave the others. I got to my feet and started to move towards the hole in the wall, hardly able to keep my balance. Over all the sound confusing me something was louder than all of it. I looked up to see a chunk of the roof coming down. I tried to move tried to run but it hit me dead in the back, I went down feeling my energy abandon me. Beams pierced my back and the iron building materials held me there. There was no getting away, not this time. The building destabilized, I could hear it groaning complaining of its time in service to all. It was tired, it deserved its end, its rest. I shut my optics, my end. I felt no fear, only calm.

He watched the building go down, and the war ship disappear from sight. Where was Jaws? Bee could feel his pulse quicken, fear began to plague him. "Jaws?" he said now starting to move towards the building, or what remained of it. "Jaws!" He called across the ruins, no, no, no. "JAWS!" He thundered now running, he circled the ruins looking for any sign of life, anything. He was loosing hope fast when he discovered movement, he bolted for it. "Jaws!" He barked not stopping until he had reached the movement. 

Landslide broke the cooling metal threatening to trap him among the broken remnants. He set his gaze on the yellow predacon standing ahead of him.  "Landslide," Bee growled showing his fangs and raising his tail defensively. "Were is your master half pred?" He demanded steadying himself, "What did you do to Jaws?" Bee demanded. "She isn't here?" Landslide's voice seemed to change, "No, it seems you saw to that!" He snarled fighting everything that yelled at him to go for the predacon's throat.  The menacing shade of purple had gone blue again, "No." He half whispered, "You don't get to do that!" Bee thundered slamming his shoulder into Landslide. "Bumblebee please, I am sorry." He said not fighting back, "Shut up." Be growled. Landslide nodded before taking several steps away, the blue flashed to purple and he retreated. 

Bee was alone at the edge of the ruins. He stayed there for hours maybe even a day, however he did in the end tip his head back. Releasing a howl of loss, of loneliness. As the darkness set in the sky over him he stood and found himself wandering, half dragging himself to the territory. 

Backlash had been very careful in monitoring the clones and how they were reacting. They seemed to be more similar to frightened adolescents then blood thirsty war beasts. They needed to be led, they needed a teacher someone they could trust. Backlash had no real idea what he should have been doing as temporary leader of the pack. Dark Horse hadn't been able to stand on his own since the return, he had either been to weak of body or his will was damaged to a point that seemed beyond repair. Either way he was in no condition to lead, Backlash had to step up and lead. It was his place it had taken him this long to see it and now he had to take it by the horns. All and all he thought he hadn't done to poorly, however he would be much pleased to hand the position back over to Jaws when she returned. He had directed Saw Bones who was now tending to the wounds of the  pack, Storm, Turn and Burn, and Hack Saw where reassuring the clones. While Blade Runner, the youngest of the pack who had been permitted to come on the mission, was recounting the mission to the youngsters that hadn't been permitted to follow into the fight.

Iron Bolt noticed Dark Horse mopping. "What are you up to?" he asked sitting down next to Dark Horse, "I don't know, I suppose it's something I've been avoiding for a long time." Iron Bolt tilted his head listening, "My son, Mudslide, he doesn't know he still has a living parent." He said quietly. "Well you have the chance, go talk to him." Iron Bolt. Dark Horse was quiet for a second, "Yeah you're right. I've put enough off." Dark said standing and went off to look for Mudslide.