Chapter 5 "The 1st Phase"

Chapter 5
Schleine's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room.

I was about to sit up as I felt a stinging pain in both my right and left shoulder, I looked at it to see bandages wrapped around.

I felt something heavy in my legs, I tried to lift my head a little to see what it was.

It....was him. He was sleeping, holding my hand.

I tried to recall what happened before I passed out.

'Right....I got shot...'

"Oh you're already awake," he said, rubbing his eyes.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked.

I looked the other way.

"Sorry," He whispered, enough for me to hear.

"For what?" I asked, curious 'why would he even be sorry? If someone needed to say sorry, it was me, I treated his problem like it was the silliest in the world.'

"Nothing."

I gasped as I felt my body being lifted.

"We are going home," He said sternly.

Heading outside, sitting me in the passenger of his car as he walked the around to the driver's seat.

The ride was a deafening silence, I leaned my head in the window as I observed the path.

***

I was woken up by a light shake, "hey were already here," I shot my eyes open as I heard his voice.

He carried me to the house and laid me in the living room.

He was about to walk away when I held his wrist, preventing him from walking away.

"Don't think I forgot about that teach me thing just because of the incident yesterday," I exclaimed with a grin, "cook me food," I said with a wide closed eye smile.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

"You were the one who asked for it," I said with a proud tone.

"Treat this as a test," I mumbled as I let go of his wrist and closed my eyes.

Kieran's POV

" Bertha what can I cook?" I asked her.

She looked at me in shock as she shook it off.

"Here,"she handed me a recipe book, looked at it and examined the book.

"Don't worry,I'll help you cook,"she said as she patted my back.

"No Thanks," I said,making her smile "I want to try doing it on my own," I reassured her.

"Alright then, call me if you need anything," she exclaimed as she walked off.

I chose this dish called 'adobo'

I grabbed the ingredients
20 grams vegetable oil, 1 table spoon garlic, 35 grams onion, 1/2 kg pork belly, 45 no knorr liquid seasoning, 100 no water, 250 no vinegar, 3pcs laurel leaves, 1 tsp Brown sugar, 2 grams whole black pepper.

An hour later

"HOW DO PEOPLE COOK THIS THING?!" I yelled dropping the knife.

I turned around as I felt a precense behind me.

"Shouldn't you be resting?"I asked in a cold tone.

"It doesn't hurt," she bragged.

She picked the knife up and returned it to the shelf.

"Get a pot, make it nice and hot over medium heat," I obeyed, 'now, I'm letting a girl boss me around' I sighed at the thought.

"Pour some oil and saute garlic and onions,"I did as I was told with a frown.

"Add pork and continue sauteing until cooked," she said, sitting in the corner.

"Pour the knorr liquid seasoning, water, vinegar, laurel leaves, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce beat to a simmer, cook for 10 more minutes and reduce the flame," she said in one breath.

'Okay...just one more and I'll drag her Here.' I grinned at the idea.

"Drain the meat and fry, return the fried meat in sauce, reheat and simmer until the sauce thicken-"she didn't finish as I pulled her in front of me and trapping her with both my hands.

"Now you do it," I whispered to her ear.

"Nuh-uh," she disagreed, shaking her head.

"So, you're not going to do it?"I grinned.

"You'd be disqualified if this was an actual test," she had an evil grin on her face as she turned to her left and poured oil over my face. Making me remove my arms and wipe the oil off my face.

"Gaaaaah!I'll get you for this!" I yelled,catching her, pouring oil in her face.

I continued cooking, as I finished I set it on the table.

She came down with a frown in her face.

"That's what you get for messing around with me."
She just stuck her tounge out like a child and sat down on the table.

Tasting the dish, she closed her eyes and kept on chewing.

"Well?do I pass?" I asked, as I sat next to her, waiting for her reply.

"I'm asking-" I didn't get to continue as she shoved a spoonful in my mouth.

I chewed it and my eyes grew wide. "Its delicious,"I said with a small smile.

"You pass!" She exclaimed, "Now,get ready for the phase two tomorrow!" I sighed

'Man...this is going to be rough....'