January 5th, 2022

It's been 2 years since we left off. Ashley and Leat'i have been happily married for a little over a year. They've lived life with their two daughters, Joelle Alyssa Anoa'i and Aria Juliet Anoa'i, in Ashley's hometown, Charlotte, North Carolina.

Roman and Charlotte were on their way to the airport with Aria. They dropped JoJo with their neighbor. Joelle was the one that actually requested to stay behind. Of course, Mr. and Mrs. Anoa'i didn't mind leaving their little princess behind.

But, the parents knew they couldn't leave their little one behind. Ever since her parents broke the news to her that they're leaving again, she's been very clingy.

"Daddy. Why do you and mommy have to leave again?" Aria asked. "I'm sorry, butterfly. Mommy and I have work to do. If we could, we would take you and JoJo with us," Roman explains. "Yeah, butterfly. Besides, you don't want to spend time with Uncle David, Ryan, and Maya?" Charlotte says, turning around to face her blonde-haired daughter.

"Yeah, but I don't want you and daddy to leave. You're going to be gone for a long, long time," she frowns.

Charlotte turns back around and frowns. "I hate my job, now," she says looking at her husband. "She's only three, Joe." Roman put his hand on her thigh. "It's going to take a while, love. It took JoJo a while to understand, but look at her now. She didn't even want to come. She perfectly understands now. She'll come through," he says.

Charlotte sighs. "OK. But if she throws a temper tantrum at the airport, I'm blaming you," she smiles. "She's three. The hell do you expect?" He laughs. "Well, she's your daughter," she fights. "She's yours, too," he fights back. "I know that. She's on my lock screen."

She turns her phone on to show a picture of Aria and Joelle. Charlotte had the idea that they should take family photos. The picture on her lock screen was her favorite pictures of her girls. Her home screen was a picture of her and Joe on their wedding day.

"She's on mine, too. You can never one-up me, babe," Joe says stopping the car at a red light. Charlotte groans. "I hate you so fucking much." "I love you too, babe," he says kissing her lips. She pulls away and looks behind her. "I feel so bad," she sighs.

"It'll get better, my love. I promise."

***************

Charlotte, Roman, and Aria made it to the airport. David, Charlotte brother, was already there, with his wife. Aria wouldn't leave her mother's side. Ashley was getting worried about how her daughter was going to act when the time was coming closer and closer to leave.

"Aria, are you mad at daddy and me?" Charlotte asks. Aria nods. "Butterfly, I'm really sorry. You can even ask grandpa. I want to take you and your sister so badly, but he said I can't," Charlotte explains. "But, why mommy?" Aria whines.

Before Charlotte could respond, Roman comes.

"Ash, we gotta go," he says. "No, daddy. Don't leave," Aria cries. Roman picks her up. "Butterfly, I have to go. I'm sorry." "I don't want you to go, daddy," Aria cries into her shoulder. "Baby girl, mommy and I will be back before you know it, OK?" He asks. She shakes her head. "Butterfly, you're always going to be with daddy and I. Remember?" Charlotte says holding her right hand up.

It had a charm bracelet on it. For Joelle's 7th birthday, Charlotte got both of her daughter's jewelry. She gave both of them the same replica. She told them that no matter where she is, she will always love them. Whenever Aria was upset, this would always calm her down.

As predicted, she calmed down and nodded once. "See butterfly?" He holds up his arm, the one with no tattoos on it. Revealed was a small tattoo, with dates on it.

"I always tell you. Daddy loves you very much. I might not love you as much as mommy loves you, but I love you very much. You got that, baby girl?" He explains to her, wiping the tears from her face. She nods and reaches for Charlotte. She takes her from him. Her eyes had tears in them. She didn't want to leave her. She was only three.

"Can we go over there?" She whispers. "Over where, baby? Charlotte asks. Aria points to the boarding line. "Yeah," Charlotte sniffs. "Let's go."

Everyone walks over to the borderline, a little slower than normal pace. "Here princess. Go to Uncle David," Charlotte says giving Aria to her brother. "I'm going to miss you, mommy," Aria says as more tears fall down. The tears from Charlotte's eyes started to fall as well. "I'm going to miss you too, butterfly," she says giving her daughter a hug and a peck on the lips.

"I love you, daddy," she says waving at him. "I love you too, baby girl. We'll be back very soon, OK?" He says kissing her temple and wiping her tears. She nods.

Ashley and Leat'i gave their tickets to the woman in front. "How old is she?" She asks giving Roman back his passport. "Three," Charlotte says. "Aww, trust me, sweetheart. It'll get better. My son had the same reaction when I first was leaving to work as a flight attendant. He's 8 now and understands. I promise, it'll get better," the lady smiles. Charlotte smiles back and nods. "Thank you."

Roman and Charlotte walk down the ramp to board the plane. She turns around and waves at Aria and David. They wave back and Aria blows her a kiss. Charlotte smiles and blows one back. "My little butterfly," Charlotte thought to herself.

The couple made it on the plane and took their seats. Charlotte leans her head on Roman's shoulder. "It's ok, Ash. We'll be back real soon," Roman comforts his wife as he holds her hand. "But you saw the way she was acting, Joe. She thinks I want to leave her," she says looking up at him. He kisses her lips. "She'll be fine. Everything will be fine. I promise." I promise...

1026 words

Imma Dog Too | CharreignsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara