May 25th, 2023

"Baby, I'm scared."

Charlotte whispered to her husband. Their third daughter's due date was a week ago, and she still didn't want to come out.

"Ash, please don't worry. I don't want anything to happen to the both of you," Roman says. Aria and Joelle came into the room to see their mom and dad talking next to each other. "Happy birthday, daddy," Joelle smiles. "Happy birthday daddy," Aria trails back. "Thank you, babies," he smiled back. "Come here."

"Mommy, when's the baby coming?" Joelle asks. "I don't know baby. She was supposed to come a while ago, but I guess she wants to stay inside," Charlotte slightly smiles. "Could she stay in there forever?" Aria giggles. "I don't think so, princess," Roman chuckles. "She's going to have to have to come out," he says looking at Charlotte. "One way or another."

Charlotte shakes her head as she can feel herself getting emotional. "Girls, why don't you guys go get ready so daddy can take you to the park?" Roman says looking at his daughters. "OK," the two say, completely oblivious of their mother's facial reaction.

"Please don't say that again," Charlotte says looking at her stomach. Roman places her hand on her stomach. "She's kicking a lot. I told you she'll get her stubborn trait," he smiles. "Joe, what if something's wrong with her?" She whimpers looking at her husband, with tears beginning to fall.

"Hey, hey, hey," Roman coos wiping the tears from her face. "Don't say that again. She's perfectly fine. She just wanted to be a bit closer to her mommy," he smiles making her smile back.

"Give me your hand," she groans. Roman sticks his hand out and Charlotte grasps on to it, squeezing it. "Am I hurting you?" She whispers. He slightly smiles. "Not really. It feels like Aria kicking my leg," he smiles making her laugh. "Don't make me laugh while I'm having a contraction," she says.

"Don't spend your 37th birthday with me," she says looking at him. "Damn," she smiles. "You're getting old," she giggles. "Haha," he mocks her. "Seriously. If I need something, I'll call you, OK?" She says. "I don't wanna leave you though," he says.

"I'll be fine, Leat'i. I promise. Go spend time with your daughters," she smiles. Roman smiles back and leans over to give her a sweet, soft kiss.

"I love you," he says. "I love you too. I'll call you if something happens," she says showing her phone. "Alright," he says getting out of bed. "Stay outta trouble, princess," he says giving her belly a kiss. "I hope she will," she murmurs. 

"Hey," Roman says gently lifting her chin up with one finger, making her look him in the eyes. "She'll come out. And we'll see our baby girl. Don't worry, OK?" He smiles at her. She smiles back and nods.

●     ●     

"Pam?"

Charlotte said groggily as she turned her head from the window and looked at her best friend. "Yes, babe? What can I get you?" Bayley says softly leaning closer to her weak best friend.

"I didn't do anything wrong," Charlotte groggily says. "Ash," Bayley whispers. "I didn't do anything wrong, that's what they told me," she whimpers. "The doctors said I didn't do anything wrong," Charlotte cries.

"I know, honey. I know. You did nothing wrong," Bayley comforts, reaching over to give her crying best friend a hug. "I can't believe it," Charlotte cries. "She's gone. I didn't even get to see her," she sobs.

"No, don't say that honey. She'll be fine. She's not gone," Bayley whispers. Sasha walked into the room to see the two; Charlotte crying her eyes out and Bayley on the verge of tears. Sasha walked up to the two of them and sat on the bed next to Charlotte.