Chapter four

Lamentations 3:54; water closed over my head; I said, 'I am lost.'

Peter opened his eyes, the sun shining brightly. He blinked a few times and when he could see again. A young man stood before him; black hair and dark eyes. He was smiling. 'And so the high king joins us again. The magnificent has returned home' Caspian's voice sounded heavier then he remembered. 'Caspian?' His voice sounded a little small. 'Yes Peter, you are home, in Narnia. Lucy, Edmund and Eustace are here also and I think their shall be overjoyed to see you again!' Caspian lifted Peter on his feet. The young seafarer-king looked around, if he was searching something, or someone. 'Where is Susan?' I let my head hang. 'Caspian, I think Susan lost her faith in Narnia. She lost her faith in Aslan. And I was trying to help her, to let her believe again, but she was losing herself in parties and nylons and lipsticks. She was consumed by grief. We had heard Lucy and Edmund were dead, and our mother had died also. And a week later, there was a message that our father had died too!' I feel the tears streaming down my face. Caspian hugs me in a brotherly hug. 'We shall seek Aslan. He is the one, the only one who can bring Susan back to us' The moment Caspian says her name I see a spark in his eyes. Does he still loves her?

Caspian leads me over the beach to Cair Paravel. I know Lucy told me he had built Cair Paravel back in former glory. And it is magnificent! When we walk through the gates, Narnians welcome me, come with tears in their eyes.

I hear a scream of joy and then calling my name. Lucy comes running towards me, wearing her Narnian dresses again, her silver crown glistering on her head, her light brown hair flowing behind her. 'Peter! Peter!' she shouts. I can hear that she is crying. She flies right in my arms, holding me close. She cries in my shirt. 'You are really here! I can't believe it!' Before I can react a second pair of arms slips around my waist, his face buried in my shoulder. I feel Edmund shook when he cries. I hold him with one arm and Lucy with the other. The tears stream freely over my cheeks. I don't care everyone sees me cry, but when I look up, I can see Caspian cry too. And Eustace who is standing next to him is letting his tears stream. I nod with my head towards my nephew and within seconds a third pair of arms is around my waist. Now with the weight around my I sink on my knees, taking my family with me. I shush them softly, try to calm them. Caspian is suddenly on his knees next to me, wrapping also his arms around me and Lucy.

After a while we stand up again, we are helped on our feet by our people, who saw it all. A little ashamed but still happy my family guides me inside my home.

-6 months later-

She stood before the large window. It begins harder to rain. She jumps a bit when someone enters her room. 'Susan?' Bruce walks towards me, smiling a bit. I turn around, facing him. He looks at the book in my hand. 'Reading again? I thought you finished this book?'

'It is not just a book Bruce. It is the bible' He nods. 'Yes I know' His hand makes his way up to my cheek and he lays his hand flat on my cheek. I blush a little and turn my head away from him. 'I came to tell you, the guest have arrived. So I come to escort you downstairs' He smiles and makes a funny courtesy. 'Your majesty' He grins. I feel again a sting inside my chest.

Lord be with me, Aslan guide me home!

I smile at him and take slip my hand through his arm. Together we walk down the stairs. The guest are sitting already in the dining area, waiting on their host. 'Here she is! Our honorable hostess of tonight! Our birthday pig, Susan Pevensie! Twenty years everyone!' Bruce shouts and the people start to laugh. I laugh with them, but I don't feel happy. My twentieth birthday party goes fast and thanks to the lord I am in bed before I know it. I kneel before my bed on my knees. Folding my hand together. Every night, after Peter died I say a prayer to Aslan. I took a couple of weeks before I was sure of it, that I was sure in my believe.

I have faith again in Narnia, in Aslan.

I crawl in to bed and cover myself under the warm blankets and fall asleep with the sound of the heavy rain.

'My daughter' A voice rumbles and my eyes fly open. Before me the Great Lion is standing in all his glory. 'Father!' I say overjoyed and crumble on my knees before him. I bow my head in respect. 'I am sorry' I say immediately. His face softens and he makes his way towards me. I burry my head and head in is golden mane. 'Child, I brought you here in Narnia. You are home now, but your trials are not done yet. You are now here, so when the morning comes on earth, Bruce shall not find you into bed. He shall search for you, but he shall not find you. You are gone from the earth to never to return' I feel my lips spread into a big smile. 'Father I will not disappoint you!' Aslan steps back, his face falls. 'My child, do not promise me something you cannot hold' He steps towards me again, and his paw holds me close to him.

'Wake up Susan, The Gentle Queen of Narnia'

Again my eyes fly open, my heart beating fast in my chest, I can hear my heart beating in my ears. I lie in my bed, in my old Narnian bedroom. In Cair Paravel! The room is still the same; light blue, with a touch of gold. The sun peaks through the curtains and a glistering gets my attention. My golden crown, lies on a cushion on a standard in the middle of the room. I slip out of my bed, my light-pink nightgown flowing behind me.

On my toes I walk towards the standard and when I pick my crown up, I see that my hands are shaking. I turn so I face the standing mirror in my room. With delight I put the crown on my head. A flash of emotion rush inside me. Memories of long forgotten times flash before my eyes. I gaps and let myself sink on the hard wooden floor. My knees land with a hard thud on the ground. At first I can hold my tears back but it becomes too much.

I am back. I am back home, my family is here. He is here! The one I shared my first kiss with and who is for me the one I shall love until I die.

I hear at a sudden their voice outside my room, talking in a soft tone. The door is forced open and when I look up, I look right into his dark eyes.

I am back.