Chapter Seventeen

Deuteronomy 20:4 (ESV)

'for the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.'

The first thing I remember, when I come closer to her castle is that Edmund also shall be there, according to plan.

The plan!

My horn is hanging against my saddle, so I grab it and put it against my lips. I take a breath and let the horn sound across the woods.

Peter knew that Jadis was coming for me, like she did before. And that the four places we had seen her, were diversions made by her. So we made a plan, the four of us to the places she thought are important for us – not that they are – but we let Jadis think that we were splitting up. We are splitting up, yes, but in truth my brothers and sister are waiting by the edge of the forest in front of Jadis her castle. And we had agreed, that when she would show up, I would blow my horn. That I did. But now I am racing towards her, without Caspian by my side, the fire path before me grows bigger and more out of control. The tears of anger are rolling down my cheeks.

She made a big mistake!

I urge my horse to go faster and it feels we are flying, the branches strike against my face, cutting my cheeks. I feel the tick red blood roll down, but I do not care. She has to pay for what she has done!

Storming through the forest, closer to her castle, I can see my siblings waiting for me. When they see the fire trail in front of me, their eyes grow wide. 'Susan!' Peter yells. 'What happened?' I take the reins and let my horse stop, she is breathing hard and I pat on her flank. 'Good girl' I mumble. I jump of my horse and walk towards Peter, I take my bow and an arrow of my quiver. 'Susan!' Peter demands me to answer. The fire is now behind me, like a veil it follows me around the forest grounds. 'She killed him!' I scream in agony. The fire growing larger, but the trees do not burn. It only grows higher and I can hear it roar. 'Caspian?' Lucy cries, I can see her jump of her horse and making her way towards me. But Edmund stops her with his hands around her waist. My siblings are now standing next to each other, the army behind them. Edmund wipes his tears away and Lucy buries her head against his chest, sobbing in silent. Peter is looking at me with clenched fist. 'How' He hisses. 'She appeared before us, just how we thought it would happen. But she said something that made Caspian angry, so he attacked her. She was faster and hit him with her staff. He wounded her by putting his sword in her abdomen' I cry. 'What did she say Susan' Peter hisses. 'That I lost my honor and I came reclaim it' I bow my head in shape and some soldiers begin already to whisper. Peter is clenching his jaw and Edmund eyes grow wide in shock. 'Susan' He whimpers. 'Do not ask me about it, it happened and I lost it' Lucy looks up, her eyes red from crying. 'Everything is going to be alright Su'

'It is not!' I roar, the fire growing in height and size. 'She tortured me, she hurt all of you, she made my doubt my faith. And she shall pay for what she has done!' The fire is around me now, coming closer and closer. 'Susan!' Edmund shouts. But Peter understands. 'Stay back!' He orders our soldiers. 'Aslan is with us, with her, he shall fight!' He nods at me. My dear big brother is letting me go. 'I love you' I say, not knowing if the can hear me. I let the fire consume me, lifting me up. It doesn't hurt, it feels nice and cold on my skin. I move forward and the fire moves towards her castle. I shall burn her and the castle so nothing is left. The fire is growing higher and higher and the creatures inside her castle are coming outside. Screaming in fear.

I feel the cold wind tugging on my dress, trying to find a way to hurt me. I look back at the place my family is standing. But a wall of fire is keeping them of my sight. They are save!

I feel nothing, no emotions, no pain. Only the sound of the fire around me. I am flying high in the sky, standing above Jadis. She is yelling and cursing but I do not hear anything. I focus on the fire and the roaring of Aslan inside of it.

'Surrender Daughter' His calm voice orders me and I do so. I surrender my strength and body to him. I do not fall, the fire keeping me up. The fire is burning her castle already, but she is standing firm. The fire is everywhere but only she is standing in the snow. It lifts her up, so we are on the same height. 'You shall not defeat me!' She thunders and raises her staff. The wound Caspian made, is already health.

Caspian.

'I am the daughter of the great Lion, he who find for me!' I speak in a voice not my own. Her eyes widen in fear. 'No!' I hear her mumble. 'You..' But she can't finish her sentence because Aslan roars again inside the fire and it shoots forward. The fire disappears inside her chest and she screams in pain. The snow vanishes and the fire is now around her. Her mouth opens in a silent scream. Again the fire roars and she burns, only ashes remain and fall to the ground.

At a sudden I feel drained from energy and the fire is guiding my towards the ground. There it lays me down and shoots up into the air.

Gone.

She is gone.

'Daughter' I open my eyes, not realizing I closed them. 'She is gone forever, I made sure of it'

I have no strength left to speak or to stand, so I just smile. 'I see you soon' Is the last thing I hear before darkness is all I know.

'Susan!' A hoarse voice whispers. I open my eyes slowly, looking straight into the brown ones of Caspian. I gasp for breath. I blink a couple of times. 'He brought me back' Is all he says before is smashes his lips on my own. I kiss him fiercely back. He smiles and kisses me again before he pulls back. Now I see that I am back in my room, dressed in my nightgown. 'What?' I wonder. Caspian laughs. 'Susan, he is downstairs' He takes my hand and helps me out of bed. I feel so alive and rested. I do not care I am in my sleeping wear so we rush hand in hand to the throne room. 'Susan!' Lucy shouts when she sees me and runs towards me, hugging me tight. I let Caspian go and hug my little sister back. Soon I feel two pairs of arms around me. 'Children' I look up, Aslan in all his glory is standing in the middle of the room. 'Aslan!' I laugh and my brothers and sister let me go, so I can run towards my father. I fall on my knees and burry my head into his mane and he laughs also. 'You are rested I see'

'Yes' I pull back and look to him, feeling happy. Caspian is next to me and helps me stand. 'Susan I told you not so long ago, that you had trials to face, you and your family. And you all did and I am so proud of all of you' Aslan says proudly. 'You have proven yourself countless of times as my true children. Especially you my dear Gentle queen. But the trials are over for now, but you are my heirs, leaders of my country, so that means that evil is always looking to turn you away from me. But I am with you, everyday till the end of your days' Aslan speaks, looking to all of us. 'I am so proud' He laughs and as a sign is given, we run towards him, hugging him.

Aslan is right, we are his children to our faith in him and sometimes evil is pulling us away from him. But when you have faith in him, he shall fight for you. Like he always does. 

Only the epilouge is left! I hope you liked this ending! I did my best to discripe it so good as i can!