Chapter Sixteen

Deuteronomy 3:22 (ESV)

You shall not fear them, for it is the Lord your God who fights for you.'

The four Pevensie siblings, kings and queens of old. They were riding towards there doom. Peter, the High king, the magnificent, he was riding towards Aslans How with a quarter of the Narnian Army. Edmund, the Just king was riding towards Jadis Ice Castle with a quarter of the Narnian Army. Susan the Gentle queen was riding with the Seafarer king by her side to the Dam of the Beavers with another quarter of the Narnian Army. And the youngest queen, Lucy the Valiant was riding with their DLF Trumpkin towards the Lantern woods with the last of the Narnian army. A small number of soldiers was left behind to defend the people of Narnia, they were hiding in the mountains.

Susan signed heavily. Her chest felt heavy and she was breathing difficult. Maybe the fear? I was praying in silence. I had fought for my faith and I knew it was stronger than before. 'Father, please be with us. I know you are with us as we fight. The men aren't afraid, the know you shall go out before them. And I know too. Mighty Aslan, son of the Emperor over the sea, be with your children. Help us!' My heart was crying out for my father.

Please.

'Susan' Caspian was close riding on his horse next to me and lay his hand on my own. 'Are you okay?' He whispers. His eyes flicker with worry. I nod. 'Yes' I lie. I feel nervous and scared. As something is about to happen. The Dam of the Beavers is getting closer and the air around us becomes colder. 'She is here' Caspian hisses and he raises his arm. Our soldiers behind us stop their horses. 'Jadis, the witch is here!' Caspian announced. 'You know the plan!' And with that our battle had begun. 'Please Aslan! Keep Lucy, Edmund and Peter save from harm!' I mutter and jump of my horse. I take my bow and arrow and look around. My soldiers follow quickly. I feel Caspian behind me, one hand on my back, in the other a sword. The wind begins to blow and in a storm of snowflakes, she appears. She is dressed in her armour; Hair of Aslan from the day she killed him. I shiver from the sight of it and the thoughts that haunt my memory. 'Daughter of Eve! Are you here to reclaim your honor?'

'Honor?' Caspian mumbles and looks towards me. Jadis lifts her mantle and a dwarf and a Faun are stumbling on the ground before me. 'Remember them?' She laughs sinister. 'They abused me' I whimper. 'And!' Jadis smiles.

And what?

Than it hits me, I look to Caspian, I feel my cheeks turn red. 'No' Caspian screams. 'You took away her honor!' And with those words he attacks Jadis. 'You took her!' His swords comes down on her, but she blocks it with her staff. She whirls around and attacks Caspian fast. I see a light come from her staff and it hits Caspian. His eyes grow wide and he falls on his knees. He pushes his sword into Jadis her abdomen. She yells in anger and pain.

And then she disappears.

No.

No, no.

Caspian!

I run towards him and let myself fall next to him. He is breathing heavily. 'Stick to the plan love' He mutters. Blood is falling from his mouth on the ground. His eyes roll back and he falls forward. 'No!' I scream. I catch him before his body hits the ground. His head is on my lap and I lay my hand on his cheek. I feel his last breath on my fingers. I cry a silent scream. Tears roll from my eyes on the ground, mixing with his blood.

Again hate tries to consume me.

But this time, I fight back. '

Not hate, but anger.

Not fear, but love.

Love conquers all.

I kiss his lips, already feeling colder. 'My queen?' One of my soldiers is next to me on his knees. 'His last words. He wanted to go on with the plan. We have to end this' The boys eyes are big and I can see the fear in them. He is right.

This has to stop.

I get up from the muddy ground. 'Your king has died for a greater good. And now we have to honor him to go one with the plan!' I thunder. 'This is our land! We shall end this now!' I yell.

The fire inside my body is fighting with the cold she has put in me. In the beginning I didn't know what it was or how I had to fight it.

But now I do.

'My Father. I know you are with me. please fight for me, because I have no strength left' I mutter under my breath.

The wind around us becomes warmer at a sudden and I hear his roar.

Because of your Faith and Love my daughter, I am of course with you.

I close my eyes at his words and I feel the fire burning inside me and destroying everything on his path. Oh.

My heart is beating faster, the cold trying to survive. But the fire is stronger and with his last strength the cold disappears.

The fire is coming out of my chest, surrounding me. My soldiers are falling on their knees, looking in awe at the fire. Aslans head appears in the fire and he roars.

The fire is free of my body and it moves towards the castle of Jadis.

'Follow' Aslan orders.

I nod. 'Stay by Caspian' I order my soldiers and climb on my horse. I look for the last time at my love and then I move my horse forwards.

I am coming for you Jadis. I and my siblings and my father.

It was wrong of you to come back alive. 

The next chapter shall be the last and then the epilouge!