Chapter Thirty Five (FINAL Chapter)

"And then, Trevor said that I was gettin' old, just because I said that my back was sore. I tried tellin' him that I was sore from fallin' off Bud the other day, and that I had riding lessons before physical therapy, but he wasn't havin' it." Lacey chuckled as she told Slade about her physical therapy session the previous night. "It was really funny, just the way he said it." 

       "I believe it." Slade emerged from the kitchen, setting a plate of food in front of Lacey, who was sitting at the kitchen bar in his loft. "I still can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you for drivin' there all by yourself. I mean, Lace, do you realize how big of a deal that is?" Slade wrapped his arms around Lacey from behind, softly dropping a light kiss on her shoulder that was revealed by her gray tank top strap. 

       "Thanks, hon." Lacey smiled, taking a sip of her orange juice, quickly setting it down after swallowing, instead of taking a second sip, when Slade pressed his lips against her neck, his hands massaging Lacey's tense shoulders. 

     Slade always looked forward to the day after Lacey's physical therapy session since her shoulders were always so sore, meaning he was able to give her a back rub; it was something that he always enjoyed. The thought made him smile as he pressed his lips in a long kiss on her neck, right below her jaw bone. As he did so, he could feel her cheeks heat up with a blush, goosebumps breaking out over her whole body.

        "That feels really good." Lacey tilted her head to the side, closing her eyes, loving how good Slade was as giving back rubs. His kisses weren't bad, either...okay, if she was being honest, she loved the kisses as well. 

       "Oh, it does?" He played, momentarily pausing his kisses.

       "You know I love your back rubs." Lacey grinned, glancing over her shoulder at her fiance.

       "Is that all you love?" He asked, dropping a kiss on the soft skin directly behind Lacey's ear; her favorite spot to be kissed. 

        "No, I love when you kiss my neck, too." Lacey sighed; the morning after her physical therapy was always her favorite kind of mornings. 

        "Good." Slade pulled back quickly, just to tease Lacey; he could be mean like that. 

       Just as Lacey pivoted on the swivel top bar stool, to glare at Slade, he grabbed her glass of orange juice from her, a mischievous look on his face. 

      "What're you doin'? I wasn't done with that yet!" Lacey laughed. 

       "If you want it, you have to come get it." He grinned, taking a step back from Lacey, further into his living room.

       "Okay, cowboy, you're on." Lacey carefully lowered herself into her wheelchair, unlocking the brakes, and rolling herself forward, towards Slade, who stood between the couch and love seat, facing Lacey, who was directly behind the couch, watching Slade like a lion to it's prey. 

       At the blink of an eye, Slade ran to the right of the couch, making Lacey follow him. Before long, the couple were in a full out hide n seek game, chasing each other around Slade's apartment. Finally, Lacey was able to pin Slade in a corner, with nowhere to escape, thus winning their little game. 

      "You win. You win." Slade laughed, returning the glass of orange juice back on the bar counter, taking a seat next to Lacey. 

        After praying over their meal, Slade took a sip of his drink before saying to Lacey, "So, after breakfast I was fixin' to take you on a trail ride."

       "Are you askin' me, or tellin' me?" Lacey chuckled.

        "Well, I reckon I am tellin' you. I wanted to be able to give Bud and Jasper a break from work, and what better way to do that than to take them out on a trail ride?" Slade began getting nervous, knowing how hesitant Lacey was about trail rides, especially since she had her set-back with getting thrown from Bud earlier in the week.