Part VII

Chapter 13

WHAT WE WOULD DO IF WE HAD TO CHOOSE

Caroline

Mary-Mae Trevino asked me who took Holly Biggs away. Obviously, I had to answer.

"It was Casey McCoy, alongside with Katelyn Morris", I said.

"What?". Leighann was surprised.

"I knew it!", exclaimed June instead. "It's time to make Casey pay for what she did".

"No!", I replied. Then, I explained, "It's too dangerous! Casey is always ready for ruining someone's life. We have to be careful".

While June was leaving to hang out with Skye, I called Leslie and Dawne and said, "Since today, we will help Mary-Mae, Bethy and Leighann to find Holly". They weren't so excited about this...

June

Skye told me how Lake McKey played with her heart with no reason. So, I took her to a shopping spree. We spent sooo much money - we were both depressed.

Holly

My cellphone works! I can call the others, but I only have ten minutes, because Casey and Katelyn are coming here.

I call a random number.

"Hi, it's Holly", I start.

"Holly?", replies the voice.

"Yes...".

"Do you recognise me?".

"You are Bethy, aren't you?".

"Yes! At least you are alive! I thought you died of hunger".

"Casey's mom gave me some food".

"And how are you?".

"Fine. Now, I have to hang up. Casey is coming...".

I hang up and get ready for the worst part.

"What do you want?", I ask, suspiciously.

"C'mon", snorts Casey. "You are so stupid! It's dinner time".

"What's there for dinner?".

Katelyn throws me a piece of dry bread and a small packet of chips.

"Bon appetit", says Katelyn and leaves with Casey. They are both laughing. I hate this situation, and I hate them.

Chapter 14

READY FOR THE BATTLE

Casey

As Mom says, "go big or go home". It's time to show Mary-Mae Trevino I'm not afraid of her. And she'd better not be disrespectful towards me, otherwise her life will turn into hell.

Leslie

Do you know these TV talents shows like Hell's Kitchen where there is "everyone against everyone". I don't mind who's the Chef Ramsay of the situation, but, if Casey McCoy and Katelyn Morris want to play fair, it'll be OK, otherwise they'll pay for their cheats!

Mary-Mae

We are all at mine's, and Devan is ready for introducing my friends all his family.

But, before he starts, "You all know Kerry and Killian, his parents", I say. "They embarrassed Devan at the party".

"Yeah, the party...", replies Leslie Wilson, who is Caroline's best friend.

"M...", comments Leighann instead, "I thought you forgot that disaster party!".

"We still can't forget it!", I explain. "If we forget the party, we won't be able to make sure that fucking double-dealer of Casey confesses what she did".

"Ok".

Anyway, Devan's brother starts flirting with Leslie, which irritates Devan.

"Hello, sweetheart. My name is Ryland Grier. What's yours?", I hear the first telling Leslie these words with a fairly sweet but annoying voice.

"My name is Leslie Wilson. I am...". Devan stares at her with a menacing sight. "...a classmate of Mary-Mae's", she says.

Then, there are Devan's sisters. They both have an exaggerate style.

"I am Kay", says the first, "and this is Deann". And, together, "We'll do it hard!".

"What?", I ask.

"Have party!", they exclaim together.

"Oh-my-gosh!", I think. "They are even worse than Miss Chatty!".

Katelyn

"No, Jess, I can't", I say on the phone. The answer is clear. "Please, Katelyn, tell me what's going on...", she replies.

Oh no!

Not Casey!

"Gimme the phone!", she commands. I refuse to obey. I am tired of her behaviour. She screams: "If you don't give me that fucking phone, I'll ruin your life forever!".

I rush away, hoping that Casey will forgive me despite not having got my phone.

WHAT I LEARNT FROM CASEY?

She is mean, and that's all. I don't want a mean girl as a friend.