Part XII

Chapter 23

WHEN YOU GET ONE MORE CHANCE

Caroline

We are going to the canteen. It's lunch time. There is a disgusting smell of... semolina. I hate it!

After lunch, we stay alone in the canteen with Aimee Davies. We have many things to talk about.

I: Hi. My name is Caroline Ho, and this is my friend Leslie Wilson. You are Aimee Davies, aren't you?

Aimee: Yes, you are right. I am Aimee Davies. Sadie's friend.

Leslie: Are you and Sadie real friends?

Aimee: Yes. Why?

I: A friend of ours told us that's not true.

Leslie: Sadie doesn't think you are a friend to her.

Aimee: What? This is absurd!

I: Why?

Aimee: Because she never lets me hang out with Sage Sanders. And neither with Bridget Dunlap or Rebecca Middleton or even Lynn Copeland.

I: Are they members of the Drama Club?

Aimee: All but Lynn. She has been my best friend forever!

Leslie: How Sadie treats you is unfair!

I: We'll talk to Lynn and ask her more about Sadie.

Aimee: OK. See you soon.

Mary-Mae

I absolutely need to know how to stop Avery Bentley. But, if I don't make sure Casey is good, the plan won't work. Unfortunately, I am learning right now Casey and Katelyn are not friends anymore and Casey dumped Katelyn vehemently. So, I want to have a word to Casey.

"Casey", I say. "Is is true what is said? You dumped Katelyn".

"I found the truth", she just replies. "And that's not your business".

"That's not my business. You're right. It's everyone's business".

"Damn, stop it!".

"Why should I stop?".

"Ok, you are right. Katelyn talked back about me to her ex-friends. She lied to me, telling she had never had friends, while she had, obviously". Casey is getting much angrier. "I felt like I was in hell. And now I find out you have planned your fucking plans of revenge to give me a lesson. But, who deserves a lesson, is Katelyn. And you also deserve a hard lesson, Trevino. You'll pay for having taken my friend away!".

"Stop it, McCoy! Who believes you? Nobody.

And do you want to know the truth? You have no friends because you don't deserve them. And Katelyn has been very lucky to have been dumped by you, big fucking witch".

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?". Now Casey is exploding! I run away, but she manages to chase me and punches me for good. At least until Leslie, Leighann and Bethy come. Leslie is crying hard.

"Hey, Casey!", screams Bethy. "Stop it!".

And Leslie, "War isn't a good thing. Why don't you make it up with Mary-Mae and you all forgive each other?" ("I can't forgive her", are my real thoughts).

"Now I am gonna punch you, Wilson", decides Casey. And punches Leslie.

"I TOLD YOU TO STOP IT!", shouts Bethy, even louder than before.

Casey laughs. "Who do you think you are? Go away, little fucking cow, or I'll kill you!".

"Casey", intervenes Leighann, "you are the meanest person I've ever met in my life. You ruined everything with Lake McKey!".

"Hahahaha! No. It's his fault. He isn't the right guy for you. Nobody is the right guy for you!".

Hearing these harsh words makes Leighann cry. But I decide I am fed up with Casey, and, instead of letting go, I call a teacher, who immediately sends Casey into detention. Unfortunately for her, today she is alone.

Chapter 24

MY LIFE SUCKS BECAUSE OF YOU

June

I've been kicked out of the cheerleader squad. Now, I have no more friends. If only Skye forgave me...

I also found out Daniel Kirby has dumped Avery and has gone out with all the Mean Cheerleaders. He's also going out with Hope Benton, who was a Good Cheerleader, but the Mean Cheerleaders expelled her. And I am sure Daniel is playing with Hope's feelings, especially when she finds out Daniel is currently engaged. Engaged! The whole school knows, and he'll be ruined, unless I have some help to give him. I know Hope has just been dumped, so she is perfect!

I: Tell me something about Daniel's fiancée.

Hope: Her name is Nathalie Lane.

I: Is she mean?

Hope: Yes. She wants to stay with him only for his popularity and his... heirloom. You know, he's very rich.

I: How can I help? Do you love him?

Hope: Yes, I still love him, but I am afraid of his parents. They want him to marry Nathalie. She's a horrible girl!

I: Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Dawne

I need Bree and Leighann to find out more about Sadie, while I need to distract Jonathan. It's hard, I know, but I must manage to do it, because failure isn't an option.

"Hi", I say. "How are you?".

"Fine", he replies. "How about going out?".

"Hey, you are asking me out, aren't you? You know, Sadie is jealous".

"I don't care. I wanna break up with her, anyway. I don't like her".

"Why?".

"She is overbearing and overspoiled. I don't like that kind of girls. I prefer you".

"Hey... slow down... I never told you I want to be your girlfriend".

"Hey, you told!".

"Oh no...".

"I can be your lover, but I have to leave Sadie. I know she is cheating on me".

"Really? Who's he?".

"Kevin Park".

"Oh my God! I know Kevin has dumped many girls. We have to pay attention".

"You're right".

Hey... Jonathan is not that gross. I think I like him...

Katelyn

I never meant to ruin Casey's life, but she thinks so. And she thinks she is only a replacement for me, and I agree, because she doesn't know what friendship is.

And I am in big trouble, especially after Raeann Barrett sent me that text message. If Casey reads it, I am dead. But she has already read it, so I am dead. I don't care. I'd rather die than put up with Casey McCoy any longer. If Raeann meets Casey, she'll be in trouble. And if both of them (or only one) meet Avery, they'll be dead (because it's Avery's fault if Casey is a rotten apple). Now, I am behaving and I'm not following Casey anymore, hoping that she changes. And Raeann isn't alone, and no-one picks on anybody. This is what I've wanted for ages, without obtaining it until today.