Part XI

Chapter 21

WHEN EVERYONE HAS CLEAR WHAT TO DO

Mary-Mae

Bethy and I have something very important things to do. Devan is in trouble and I fear Amanda might have talked.

Oh no! Devan's secret has been revealed.

Devan is furious...

"Mary-Mae! What's happening?", shouts Devan. "Who did you reveal this secret to?".

"Stop being such paranoid!", I reply, shouting as well. "I kept my fucking lips sealed".

"The fault is Amanda's. She always listens to conversation she should not hear", intervenes Bethy. "And she lost the golden occasion to keep the secret. We need to shut her fucking mouth up".

Meanwhile, Amanda is laughing to Marybelle Beasley. They are both mean!

We all reach them and I say angrily, "Hey! You two! Who do you think you are for revealing Devan's secret?".

And Bethy, "You are horrible people! How can you ruin his life like that?".

"Hahahaha", replies Amanda, laughing with Marybelle. "I can. This is what matters".

"Stop it", I say.

"You are nothing to tell me what I have to do, little fucking brat that you are!".

"Hey! Pay attention to what you say, otherwise everyone will get to know your secret".

The whole school is here.

"What secret?", Amanda feels like she's in a trap, and she's right: she got caught in a trap.

"Hey guys", exclaims Bethy, "do you know Amanda Bartlett isn't the daughter of the school secretary? She has been...", but is interrupted by Amanda, who yells, "Don't you dare!".

"Amanda has been...", I say, "...adopted!".

"What?". Caroline, who is here, is confused. Many other students laugh, including Leighann. "You are kidding, M", says the latter, laughing.

While Amanda cries, "It's only a fucking joke!".

"No, it's true!", I reply, laughing.

"You are exaggerating, Trevino. And you'll pay for this!", exclaims Amanda, furious, and tries to leave. But the Principal is here. And is taking Amanda to his office. Dear old right payback!

Bree

I heard from Mary-Mae Amanda Bartlett has been suspended from school for threatening Devan Grier, and, if this situation ever repeated, she would be expelled like Marybelle Beasley and Roseanne Gray. Now I have something else to find out. What is Sadie Crosby hiding? Unfortunately, she is with Jonathan Gross, who is gross, and we need to distract him...

"Ok, I'll go and flirt with Jonathan", suggests Dawne. "Meanwhile, you and Leighann will ask the more questions you can to Sadie. Ok, Bree?".

"Ok". I am ready. Dawne shows Jonathan her best smile, hugs him, takes his hand, touches his hair and even tries to kiss him. Meanwhile, it's time for me and LA to ask questions.

I: Sadie, where do you think you are going?

Sadie: That's not your fucking business. Go away, you creep.

I: What a cheek! "Creep" to me!

Sadie: Don't be disrespectful towards me. Do you know who I am? I am Sadie Crosby...