[f] cricky : sugar daddy

written by gunner

suggested by ???? (surprise - no one)

word count: 1770

[❄️]

Ricky was working his pitiful barista job, rushing around behind the counter in an attempt to satisfy everyone. He had whipped cream smeared down his apron, coffee splattered across his face, and shaking hands covered in caramel. Tears flowed from his eyes as a middle-aged man yelled at him for not having his order done in time, but he quickly wiped them away. He was under so much stress that he could barely breathe, his lungs stuck in their deflated position. Ricky gasped for air as he finished the order and started on the next.

Ricky so badly wanted to quit his job, but he needed it. At the moment, he regretted every decision that he ever made in life. He regretted how little effort he put forward towards academics in high school. Ricky regretted going to college for drawing in an expensive city. And most of all, he regretted letting his mental conditions dictate how poorly he handled stress. That was truly pushed him down this path in life and it just got him in a worse situation.

"I'm sorry, sir. What can I get you?" Ricky took a second to breathe as he looked up at the man in a nice suit with golden eyes. Ricky shrunk back in his skin as he was looked up and down. He swallowed hard and pushed a bit of hair behind his ear.

"Just a venti black coffee." The man grinned softly and paid with his phone, taking a seat at the bar counter. When Ricky delivered his drink, his hand was grabbed. He was offered a reassuring smile as the man scribbled some numbers on his wrist in permanent marker.

"I'm Chris... Give me a call some time." He told Ricky, kissing his hand before getting up and leaving. 

The sweet and calming gesture stayed with Ricky all day long, until he was walking home when he decided to pull out his phone. He plugged in the number and hit the green button just as a breeze blew against him. He shivered in his thin jacket and pulled out his key, opening his apartment door.

"Hello, this is Mister Cerulli's assistant. How may I help you?" Ricky was greeted. He swallowed hard, easily intimidated.

"Uhm, it's Ricky. Chris gave me his number earlier today and told me to call him..." Ricky trailed off. He was very unsure of himself. Ricky kicked off his shoes as the assistant told him he was being transferred to Chris' line. Ricky listened to the elevator music while he went to his kitchen and checked for anything he could eat. There was only a sleeve of crackers and a few cookies that he had been given at work. He snacked on part of a cookie, saving the rest for when he felt he really needed to eat.

"Hello, Ricky." Chris greeted him. Ricky could practically hear his smile through the phone. He finished eating quickly and managed to squeak out a quick 'hi'.

"So I'd like to cut to the chase, I think you are beautiful and I would like to take you out on a date." Chris cleared his throat. "So, when can I pick you up?" Ricky was so taken back. Did Chris think he was a girl? That wouldn't be the first time. Ricky stayed quiet for a moment to see if there was something more than he was being told upfront.

"Ricky? Are you there?" Chris asked. Ricky nodded, forgetting that he couldn't be seen for a moment.

"Yeah... Uhm, what about in 10 minutes?" Ricky offered. He wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to maybe have some fun in life. Between work and school, he rarely did anything for pleasure. Chris agreed to the plan and hung up, texting Ricky for his address.