13

I wondered briefly how I hadn't realised it earlier? The realisation stung in my chest the knot tightening until it was almost unbearable. Now everything seemed to make sense, but could it really be? I looked at Blair to see any sort of recognition but he remained rooted in his seat cautious look on his features. If he knew... no, he probably did...

Taking a calming breath I asked him again thistime consciously using my power of authority on him. His head shot up and our eyes met. Where he'd merely been alert and rigid, he was now fully focussed on me and I could see that what he saw terrified him. His breath hitched as he tried and failed to come up with an answer. Serves you right, I thought as a look of panic spread across his face.

"Go on, tell me!" his face had drained of colour and his hand started to tremble as he tried to move in order to relax his limbs, this however seemed to have the averse effect as his whole body started to shake in distress. The quiver of at the corner of his mouth as he opened it, in order to deliver the reply I had forced him to give, did it. What was I doing? I had found pleasure in seeing him squirm, out of breath and on the point of breaking.

As the alpha I had never been under the influence of an alpha's authority, my father did not believe in it's use on loved ones unless they preformed a capital sin and by the time I was even old enough to understand what that meant, he had died. Thomas however had once told me that being under the influence was not agreeable, that sometimes it felt like you were clubbed on the back of your head, other times it was as if you were stabbed in the gut and then there were times that it would feel as if the room had suddenly been sucked vacuum. And it would be worse for someone who tried to resist it.

I relaxed my shoulders and his soon followed. Subconsciouslyhe knew I'd released my hold. Consciously, he still looked terrified as I stoodand moved across the living room to where he was still seated, head bowed andeyes closed tight for whatever he thought would follow as he knew he could notescape it.