"You don't talk to me that way"

You slammed the door behind you. You didn't give a damn if Tom was behind you and you almost hoped that it broke his nose. Again.

You heard it creak open as you laid your purse and scarf on the table.

"Darling..." Tom called sweetly from the entryway. "I know you're upset with me, but was that really necessary?"

"Upset doesn't begin to describe what I am with you." You answered, walking past him.

You started up the stairs to your bedroom. It was late, the party you two had just attended was a bust, and you were exhausted. You were angry but didn't have the energy to fight with Tom about it.

"Nothing even happened," Tom defends as he follows you up the stairs.

"I don't care." you muttered.

You turned the corner and entered your bedroom. You set to work on taking your earrings out and getting out of the tight dress you wore. You reached for the zipper and came up short. You tried from a different angle and still couldn't reach it.

You felt fingertips against your back, and Tom gently took the zipper between his fingers and pulled it down slowly.

"So beautiful..." he whispered against your neck.

You waved him away. You take a step forward and shimmied the dress of your body. "Stop." You commanded. "I'm tired and I don't want to deal with you tonight."

"Deal with me?" Tom looked shocked. "You're the one who made a fool of me in front of everyone at that party, yelling at me and slamming doors. It was embarrassing, (Y/N), really."

You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Its not my fault you were flirting with someone else right in front of me." you huffed. "I hate you when you act so cocky."

Tom shook his head. "You certainly didn't hate me last night."

A sly grin crawls across his face and he looks up at you with devious eyes.
You roll yours at him, slipping on a t-shirt and sweatpants. You still decide to tease him a little, wanting him to get angry.

You walk over to where he sits on your bed, swing your legs over and straddle his lap. You place your hands on his strong chest and lean in to his ear. You whisper, "You'll love yourself just a much tonight, because you're not getting anywhere with me."

With that, you pat his shoulder and stand. You walked out of your bedroom and made your way downstairs. The food at the party was amazing, and you got a little tipsy from the Champaign, but you craved popcorn and beer more than anything at the moment. You were starving for some alone time with food and your television.

Not long after sitting down on the couch with a bowl and a bottle, Tom stomped down the stairs. He changed from his suit to sweatpants and didn't bother to wear a shirt. He never wore a shirt whenever he was home. He stood in front of the TV, his hands stubbornly on his hips, and gave you a dirty look.

You sipped your beer. "You're blocking my view."

"(Y/N), you know, I hate it when you're like this. You're a closed door whenever you're angry. You won't talk, won't look at me, you barely even acknowledge that I'm there." Tom scolded. "How am I supposed to fix things when you won't let me?"

You stood. "You can fix things by putting the flirting to an end."

Your faces were almost two feet apart, but you knew he would get closer.

"I'm going to be around other women," he defended. "Its part of my job. Maybe if you'd stop being such a child about it, we wouldn't have so many problems."

You cocked your head at him. "So many problems? This is the only problem, Tom! You see all these girls fluttering around just waiting for your attention and it all goes straight to your head." you yell. "You're rude and arrogant. I really can't stand to be around you like this. You're just an asshole."

Tom took a quick step closer to you. "If I'm such an asshole, why don't you just leave? Yeah, get the hell out! I pay for this place, for our life together. You don't appreciate anything I do for you! I'm sick of it!"

"You pay for Everything? I work, too! I have a job and I'm good at it." You felt tears rising in your eyes but you swallowed them back. You took a deep breath and stepped away from him. "But, you know what, fine. That's fine. I'll leave."

You took a step to walk away but Tom grabbed your arm suddenly.

"Tom, let go." You said through gritted teeth.

He didn't waiver.

"Tom," you ripped your arm from his grip and almost slapped him. "You're a fucking asshole! You don't get your way one time and I'm out the door. Its ridiculous, I hate you!"

Tom grabbed both your arms now, pushing his body against yours and pinning you against the wall. You gasped at the tightness which your body was sandwiched between Tom's groin and the wall. His jaw was tensed and his eyes were ablaze when he looked at you. His eyes bore into yours, then dropped to your lips. You felt the heat of his breath against your mouth.

"You don't talk to me like that." Tom instructed.

This was certainly not the way to solve the problems that you two had, but it Somehow always made everything okay. His hands on your body, your bodies pressed against each other, the heat and the passion, it made your anger dissolve. You turned to mush when Tom took control.

But you didn't want this fight to end unresolved. After all, you were about to leave at his request. Where did it leave you once he was done making love to you?

"Tom, I'm leaving." You stated. You worked to keep your voice even, but the pounding in your chest betrayed your words.

"No, you're not." Tom's voice wavered as well. He sounded pitiful. "You can't..."

"I have to."

Tom pressed his lips against yours suddenly. He brought his hands up to cup your cheeks in his palms, then they were tangled in your hair. You wavered when you kissed him back. Your tongue travelled against his lips and earned a moan from him.

You pulled back, letting your lips disconnect. You looked at him and saw his big eyes, desperate for more. Desperate for you to stay and show him that, no matter what you two say when you fight, you're not going anywhere.

"I need you." Tom confessed. His mouth was open as he tried to catch his breath, then his eyelids drooped slightly. He was exhausted with the fighting. He was always trying to keep you from leaving him after his words and actions became too much. "I'm a piece of shit, and I need you. I need you to stay here, with me. Always."

You pressed your lips together. You loved the words he said, but hated to see him So distraught.

You let out a breath that you didn't know you were holding. "I can't leave you, Tom. You know that. Sometimes I really wish that I could, but..."

Tom's lips crashed against yours once more. He wrapped his arms around your waist and lifted you up, a smile played against your kiss. You giggled as he spun you, then set you down on the ground once more.

"I'll do better. I promise." he whispered against your cheek, then placed a kiss there.

You nodded. You didn't know if you believed him or not. All you knew is that he was yours, and you were his. There was no way around it.