"If you would just listen to me-"

You collapsed into your bed. After the day you had, you didn't want to talk to anyone. You were thankful your parents weren't home to ask you anything about your mood. The solitude was welcome.

You rolled your eyes when you heard a soft tapping on your window. When you looked up, Peter was flashing his classic puppy dog eyes at you. You groaned, but stood to let him in.

"I don't want to speak to you," you greeted him.

"Nice to see you, too, (Y/N)," Peter quipped back. He was wearing his Spider-Man suit but had a grey hoodie zipped up over it.

You glared at him. Despite his attempts to be charming, he really upset you today. Sometimes he was just... Too protective. And too secretive.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier, but that guy -"

"Innocently bumped into me on the street," you finished. "Honestly, New York is a rude city. If you're going to attack every person who bumps my shoulder, you'll be a criminal."

"(Y/N), you don't understand. That guy, I've seen him before." his brow creased. Every time he talked about a loose memory, his brow etched concentration. "He's up to something, I can feel it. So he needs to stay away from you."

"Where did you see him?"

"I don't know, it might have been..." but then he pauses, glances at you, and his eyes drop to the floor. His mouth closes, and you immediately know he's keeping something from you.

"What, Peter?" you press.

He doesn't respond. He gives you a side glance out of the corner of his eye. Then he shakes his head apologetically.

"Jesus Christ, just go." you say.

"(Y/N), please..."

"Please what? Please 'try to understand'? Please just take your word for it? Please forgive and forget everything to make us okay again?" you rant. "You have to tell me about that guy, and why you attacked him!"

"All I can tell you is that he's dangerous," Peter returned your angry tone. His voice raised with every word. "I asked you to stay out of it."

"I'm trying to help!" you scream.

"And I'm trying to keep you safe!" Peter yells back. He takes a step toward him. "If you would just listen to me -"

His arms reach out to touch your elbows. You yank away from him, but you don't create any distance in the gap Peter closed between you two.

"No!" you shout. "All you do is tell me lies so I can't find out anything! I'm sick of looking like an idiot!"

"You're acting like one!" Peter said. You were slightly taken aback by his words, but Peter knew exactly how to put you in your place. "I'm sick of having to chase you around the city while you poke around in a dangerous situation! A situation that I'm trying to keep you far, far away from."

"I'm not a child!" you stomp your foot like a kid. "Tell me."

"No."

"Peter -"

"(Y/N) -"

You start yelling at each other, both your arguments being drowned out by the other. Your faces are inches apart but neither one of you notices. You keep at each other's throats, both of you trying to get your way.

Peter cried, "I need you to help me keep you safe!" at the same time that you yelled, "I don't need your protection!"

You both paused and stared at each other. Your breathing was heavy and uneven, but it almost matched his.

Peter grabbed your face and pulled you closer to him. His lips crashed into yours. All the energy and heat he dedicated to arguing with you was now coming out against your mouth.

You knew you were still mad at him, with good reason, so you scolded yourself when you felt your anger melt away.

His tongue swiped slowly along your bottom lip as his lips maneuvered your mouth open. He slide his tongue into your mouth. You relished the warmth of it.

Finally, you pulled away from him in a sudden jerk.

"This is not the way to handle a fight." you whispered. You were still a little breathless and seeing Peter with swollen lips just inches from yours didn't help.

Them those lips crawled into a grin on his face. "I know, baby, I know. I'm sorry. But I'm always going to protect you."

You pursed your lips at him with a creased brow. You couldn't help it. He was so cute when he gave you those eyes, and having his arms around your waist felt too much like home.

"We'll discuss this later," you agreed hastily as you pulled him into another kiss.