Ch. 1 Mega Man Returns

Mega Man returns! I hope you guys will enjoy this next part!

-Somewhere in the Amazon-

The sun beat down heavily on the treetops, sending spires of light streaking down to the rainforest floor. Somehow this made it just as warm, if not warmer, in the shade. The heavy humidity that is the way of a rainforest meant that insects swarmed by the truckload, gladly taking a peck or a sting at anything that they could get to.

The conditions wouldn't be ideal for anyone. However, for Dr. Albert Wily, they were a waking nightmare.

Being a robotics expert, he was not accustomed to going out into nature. He was also not accustomed to doing his own work. So being in the Amazon rainforest, wandering in hallucinogenic heat, being attacked by all manner of six to eight legged creatures, and tripping over hidden tree roots, all while lugging a makeshift cart filled with the broken and incapacitated bodies of several robots. Robots that would have done this for him without hesitation.

He hiked a few more minutes before setting down to rest. The sun seemed to have not moved since he had started, and he was starting to wonder if he was actually traveling as far as he thought.

He wiped the sweat from his forehead, silently cursing Break Man for not arriving as soon as expected. Wily had established contact with the robot and told him where he was, but thus far, he had yet to intercept the Doctor.

He sighed, staring up hopelessly into the trees. "This had better be worth it."

-Back in Metro City-

I let out an impatient sigh staring at the elevator. The machine seemed to travel incredibly slowly whenever it was most inconvenient.

"Should've taken the stairs..." I muttered as it finally approached my floor. I stepped out onto the sleek marble floor of the small hallway. Down its length, I could see the tops of buildings, large distances away, just barely visible from the high floor. I stepped forward to the secure metallic door and knocked on it.

I stood awkwardly for a moment before the door slid open. Standing in the doorway was none other than my sister, Roll.

She smiled when she saw me, wrapping me in a hug. "You're back!"

I smiled as I patted her on the back. "I'm back."

The familiar footsteps of Dr. Light drew my attention into the room, where the old man happily walked over to the door. "Rock." He smiled, holding out a hand. "I trust all is taken care of?"

I nodded in reply. "Yep. I'm all caught up."

"Caught up with what again?" Came a voice from inside. I stepped in and moved past my welcoming party to find a robot lying on the couch.

"Flash Man."

"'Sup, Mega?" He held a small device in his hands, tinkering with it with his free hand. He sat up, his silver Time Stopper appendage reflecting light all over the room. ""How ya been?"

I sighed. "Fine. With all due respect, why are you still here?"

"Hey, I've got a very peculiar skillset. Between my expertise and my abilities, I could do whatever I want."

"So why aren't you?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'm told that my personality is a little more...obnoxious." He gagged on the word, as if it was the name of an ex.

"Gee, why could that be?" I muttered.

Dr. Light decided it was time to interrupt. "Regardless, Flash Man's personality and limited knowledge base make his ideal work difficult to find. The other three are far simpler in their intended purpose."