Ch. 3 Togetherness

As I walked through the door, Doctor Light quickly dropped what he was doing and approached me. He smiled. "I'm glad you're okay."

I shook my head. "We've got bigger problems right now."

Michael stepped into the doorway behind me, and waved innocently with his arm that didn't have a cannon on it. Doctor Light seemed to have a number of different reactions at one time, to the point where it started to overload my processors, so I looked away.

Michael swallowed. "I suppose we've got some things to explain. Do you want to start, or-"

I looked at him and shrugged.

He nodded. "Yeah. So, should I start from the beginning...yeah, I'm gonna do that, seeing as it makes the most sense, and-"

Dr. Light groaned. "Please. Just...start talking."

Michael blinked. "Okay. Yeah." He sucked in and let out a big breath. He stood there for a moment, then asked, "Should we like, I dunno, get chairs for this or something?"

"Oh come on!" I groaned, and Dr. Light simply walked over to his office chair, more likely due to exhaustion than per Michael's request.

He finally seemed to get the message. "Well, I guess it happened sometime around the end of Rock's fight with Wily. I got something on my phone, and when I opened it, yeah. It turned out to be this alien thing that could bond with me and give me a suit of super armor and stuff like that."

Dr. light seemed a little confused, but he seemed to acknowledge what Michael had said. "I see. Go on."

There was a pause. "That's it. That's pretty much all I know."

He winced at nothing, and spoke aloud, "Well, you could try not narrating it in your 'dramatic' voice."

After a second, he seemed to notice that we were both staring at him in confusion. He sighed. "Oh yeah. And he talks to me in my head."

Dr. Light blinked and leaned forward. He extended an arm. "May I see your phone, please, Michael?"

He shrugged. With a flash, his suit disappeared, and he was left in his normal clothing. He pulled his device out of his pocket, and politely handed it over.

Dr. Light inspected it carefully, turning it over in his hands. He booted it up and began scrolling through. He probably wouldn't have stopped for sometime if the computer hadn't talked.

"You might wanna stop scrolling, Doc. There are things in there nobody wants to see."

All our attention shifted to the computer, where the monitor began to pixelate, the image slowly changing to a large image of a strange creature. Much like the cannon on Michael's arm, the head was blue and resembled a dragon. This time, however, it was accompanied by a sort of body. Its head extended down to its body in a somewhat long neck. The whole being glowed with green energy, and the only other part of it that seemed to be solid were two blue rings around the wrist area. Everything else seemed to be composed of this energy, including a set of large spikes extending back from its neck.

And he was kinda annoying.

He cleared his throat. "Sorry about that. It took me a second to transfer to this system. You got some high quality speakers here." He extended a hand on the screen, as if there weren't that obvious barrier between our interaction. "Name's Omega-Xis. Nice to meet you."

We all just kinda stared at him. Dr. Light gave a slow, overwhelmed nod.

He raised an eyebrow. "What, don't you humans ever see living energy bond with computer systems?" He waited a second, then burst out laughing. "I'm kidding! Of course you don't. You guys are really boring, you know that?"