War of the Moon Part 1

I stared quietly at the temple, which sat, about as nonthreatening as you could imagine, directly ahead of me. We had been teleported to this location quickly, with little preparation. I had been hoping to meet with Dr. Light again and plan things out, but it seemed we were going right into it.

I had no idea what to expect. Ra Moon was clearly capable of incredible things, and it wouldn't be easy to get to it.

We had been ordered not to move until Dr. Light told us to go. I wasn't quite sure what we were waiting on, but I trusted him. Quick Man, on the other hand...

"Old...slow...loser..." He muttered. "I'm ready to go! Let's just take this thing out now!"

Air Man shook his head. "No. Dr. Light has ordered us to wait. It would be wise to comply."

"What for? What else is he gonna do? I could take on every one of you idiots and win, it's not like a few more of us are gonna matter."

"Then how about all of us?"

I turned around to see Flash Man standing confidently, behind me. As I watched several more teleport beams dropped from the sky, leaving behind all of our brothers. Bomb Man, Wood Man, Heat Man, even Break Man.

I walked up to my red clad brother. He didn't give me a ton of attention, but nodded at me. "I'm glad you're here, Break Man." I told him.

He paused before replying, "Call me Proto Man."

I smiled curiously.

"It's...it's what Dr. Light first called me."

I extended a hand. "Alright then. Proto Man."

He shook it. "Let's end this."

Cut Man, who was wandering through the large group of us, wondered aloud, "Where's Elec Man?"

"Dr. Light was finishing some upgrades on him when he sent us." Wood Man answered.

"Whadda ya mean, upgrades?" Guts Man asked.

With a flash, a final robot teleported into the middle of us. He quietly rose to full height, which placed him just taller than Quick Man. His body looked almost identical to before, but it was much bigger and sleek. Elec Man closed a fist, and blue lightning flashed around it.

(For reference, his new appearance is based on the Megamix manga)

He turned to me. "Hello, Mega Man. Long time, no see."

I nodded. "Elec Man. Why all these upgrades?"

"Because we need all the help we can get." Dr. Light replied through the comm set. "We don't have time to waste. You need to formulate a strategy and get in there to destroy Ra Moon."

"Mega Man's our best bet at taking him out." Ice Man declared.

I turned to him in surprise, but Bubble Man nodded in agreement. "He is the most versatile of all of us."

Proto Man stepped forward. "My shield is nearly indestructible, and I have some knowledge of the temple. I'll do my best to guide him there."

"Then that's our main plan. We'll have to figure out the details as we go." Elec Man said.

"Yeah, well we might want to start now." Bomb Man huffed as he hurried over to where we were gathered. "Things are coming. A lot of things."

All eyes redirected to the temple ahead. A large area had been completely deforested, leaving a barren, dirty and sandy clearing at the bottom of a small valley. A few stray ponds were scattered in the distance between us and the structure.