War of the Moon: Finale

Ken Masters was really not having a good time anymore.

He had always been given a rush in a fight, but someone with a history as long as his could recognize that eventually, that rush faded. And then you realized your opponent wasn't giving in, and you were getting tired.

Ryu had fought him to that point many times. But this was different because his opponent was a soulless machine, who wasn't going to stop if Ken tapped out.

He cursed himself as he ducked under a powerful attack from its cannon for not asking a few more questions ahead of time. He had been just so anxious to have a real fight that he'd jumped at the opportunity.

He had heard a few things, though, mainly about the fate of the world in the balance, which was always a good motivator.

Ken managed to weave his way into his opponent. He grabbed the robot around the waist and hoisted it over his back, performing two backward somersaults before kicking the robot behind him, sending it toppling into a row of airport seats.

His famous Hell Wheel. It was a favorite of his, but performing it now, it only reminded him that he was getting exhausted. He wiped the sweat off of his brow, and had only enough time to get up before the robot was approaching him again.

This unit has been delayed longer than acceptable. The interfering human must be eradicated immediately.

"You sure think pleasantly," Ken replied. "I oughta introduce you to a friend of mine. Well, not really a friend, more like a...destructive chaos warrior from ancient times. But we all love 'em!"

The robot was not amused. Ken was forced to fall back as it began to fire repeated shots at him. He was clearly not damaging it enough. He needed a good opportunity, but it wasn't presenting itself.

Suddenly, in the midst of the shots being fired, a blast came from behind Ken that struck the robot. The damage was pretty minimal, but the robot seemed stunned. Ken turned around to see another robot standing behind him. It was a strange thing that seemed based on a police officer. 

It had a bulky and blocky design, but it was even taller than Ken. It's body parts were mostly a navy blue, with red bands around its joints and gray limbs under its armor. Its right hand, instead of matching the white left one, was a large white cannon that resembled a revolver. On its head was a blue hat like one worn by a policeman, with a gold star in the middle.

(For reference see Fake Man on the Mega Man Wiki)

"Good afternoon, sir." It spoke in a robotic tone similar to the other robot but was higher and more upbeat sounding. "I am here to provide assistance from Dr. Light. I am a prototype law enforcement model. I am eager to serve with you in the line of duty."

Ken blinked. "Uh, thanks." He pointed to the other robot with his thumb, who was preparing to attack again. "You mind...shooting at him more?"

The police robot nodded. "Right away, sir!" it exclaimed before unleashing five more powerful shots in succession. The other machine stumbled back a bit from each blow. Ken was astonished; he was glad for the help but it was looking like this thing was going to do all the hard work for him. 

However, after its sixth total shot, it stopped and used its free hand to fiddle with the cannon on its arm. In the time it took Ken to think, "it's reloading?", their opponent rushed forward, doing away with its weapon in favor of flat-out bashing in the new robot.

It may have had a mean shot, but it was no hand to hand fighter. Within seconds, Ken looked down at its head, punched clean off, rolling up to his legs. "Officer down. Repeat: Officer do..."