Chapter 1

I was walking home from school. I wanted to go home and just lay in bed for the rest of my life. No one really cared about me. No one talked to me at school. Why even bother? I already know that my biggest crush doesn't like me...but I liked him so much. I stopped at the park and just sat on a swing. I was sitting down just wondering if he liked me, but I mean...who would be in love with me? That's stupid. I heard leaves crumpling in the woods behind me. I looked back and nothing was there. I just sat there and was thinking about him again. Ponyboy Curtis.

  I buried my face in my hands and cried. It was quiet and I felt some sort of presence near me. I looked up and he was standing there. I stared at him, shocked.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

My heart was racing so fast that it was hard to concentrate on not having a heart attack, and answering his question at the same time.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I answered back.

"Okay, good. Anna right?" he asked.

"Yeah" I answered back, blushing.

"I'm Ponyb-"

"I know" I interrupted him.

He let out a little chuckle. "Alrighty then. Well, I've seen you around school and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to the library and study for our English test tomorrow?" he asked, shyly.

I was ecstatic. I never thought that he would talk to me.

"Y-yeah." I answered stuttering.

He smiled that smile that I love so much.

"Alright then meet me at the schools front doors after school tomorrow?" he asked.

"Sure" I replied quickly.

"Okay, see you tomorrow Anna."

"Alrighty" I replied looking at the ground.

He turned around and walked away. I started to head home and I was wondering to myself why I stuttered and repeated the word 'yeah' so much. I don't really care though. All that I care about is that he actually talked to me, and actually knows I exist.

This was the first time that I have felt joy in a long time.