Chapter Five

Have a good dayyy lovelies.

"Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants."

—Epictetus

_____

"Janet!" I screamed. Excited staring at the new found glory in my hands. I heard her footsteps behind me.

"Why Christine ruining my sleep yelling! What you want gir--" She stopped. Staring at my hands.

***

"Two hundred and fifty dollars," Janet said.

I kept gawking. Janet grew amazed. Looking over at the steering wheel just to see.

"It's a miracle," I said. That's what she makes in two weeks. God.

"I should be his fake girlfriend too." She said.

We zoomed through green lights and yellow. Singing to old tunes on the radio. Feeling alright for once.

The air was cool, but we still had the windows down.

Apple bees was right around the corner. I stuck two hundred in my purse. Taking out fifty dollars.

"Let's get drunk," I stated. Probably not the best words. But oh well.

Janet laughed. She knew she wouldn't even touch a drink. It's best she didn't. We needed a ride home after all.

"Chris," Janet said seriously.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I invited Josh to come with." My face deteriorated.

"Really?" I questioned furrowing my eyes at her.

"I haven't seen him in a couple days, Chris, I really nee—"

I smiled sadly.

"It is alright," I lied. Getting out of the durable car.

Lifting my dress so it didn't hit the ground.

"Is he there already?" I asked. She nodded pulling out a cigarette lighting it.

"Stressed?" I asked she nodded again. Blowing the smoke into the already polluted air.

"We've been arguing back an forth. About nonsense too." She said leaning on the car.

"That's why I don't do that love shit," I said walking to her side.

She blew another smoke ring.

I snatched the cig from her mouth. She looked at me appalled.

"Quit," I stated. Throwing it on the ground.

"I have." I knew that too.

"If it's love he'll stay with you forever."

"Thanks, Chris." She exclaimed. I was walking ahead of her.

"Hurry the fuck up I want some drinks," I said laughing. She hurried as well.

We both wore something nice. For such a casual event.

She wanted to sit in the booth so I did till Josh came. He actually wasn't there before us which was good.

Josh. Where do I start with fucking Josh. Actually I'm not going too.

I waved hi and bye then left the complex couple.

Sat at the bar.

An old tune played in my head causing me to have an eruption of laughter.

"Lonely I am so lonely. Blah blah blah for my own woooo."