Angeal's Interlude| Zack x Reader

"I may not live to see our glory..."

Angeal looks up the moon, his bloodied figure on the floor sprawled out, unable to move.

"Zack?", (y/n) called to his boyfriend.

"Office!", he called

She smiles at the sound of his voice, bit frowns as she held a letter tight on one hand. She takes a deep breath before walking to her beloved. "There a letter for you from Wutai.."

"But I would gladly join the fight.."

He raised his numbing hand up to reach for the moon.

"Its from Angeal, I'll read it later."

"No, its not.", she re-read the name of sender and looked up. Zack then stood up from his swivel chair and leaned forward

"And when our children tell our story.."

"Will you read it?", he received a nod.

He sighed, and with one last movement—a smile, his hand drops on the side, he walks to the other side

"...They tell the story of.. Tonight.."

"On (y/b/d)*, General Angeal Hewley was killed in a gunfight against Wutai Troops in Wutai. These troops have not yet recieved word from Midgar that the war over. He's buried here until his family can send for his remains. As you may know, 1st Class General Angeal Hewley was engaged in recruiting the 1st all gendered military regimen. The surviving members of this regimen has been returned to their families.", she softly read. She doesn't want to cry. But Angeal was truly like a brother to her.

"Tommorow there'll be more of us..."

In a small glimpse, he turned around and saw his mentor, smiling as he look up in the sky, and Zack tries to reach him.

She then walked up to the man and hugged him from behind "Zackary, are you alright..?"

For a few moments he just stood there.. The silence was scary. Zack then softly pulled himself away from his lover and walked to the door, he stopped by the frame and moved his head so little, but she can tell that he was looking at her. His expression melancholy.

"I have so much work to do..."

— ♥ —

This is a small drabble for a payment of my hiatus.

*I chose to let you readers pick the date because this day he (J.L.) died is so special and sad to me. The day I am born to the day he died. In which is August The Twenty-seventh. I am proud to carry the day he died, for he fought for the America to become what it is today.