"Uh... Nagito?"- Hajime

Is been a few weeks since last. It's late, around 8:00, or so. Nagito and I are sitting in bed. He's reading a book, and I'm on my phone. We're holding hands, and Nagi has his head on my shoulder. We've been pretty good the past few weeks. Although, today, Nagito has had this cough. But it's no big deal. He's just a bit sore-throated, and he's had this little wheeze. Well, we're laying in bed, under the blankets. Nagito has a cup of tea, and I have a cup of coffee. Nagito's been pretty happy, mostly because of the fact he was given the 'ok' to walk without his air-cast. Nagito flips he page of his book. He looks up, smiles, and kisses my cheek. I chuckle a little.

"How is your book?" I ask.

"Oh, it's so good. It's so mysterious." Nagito says with a smile. We chuckle a bit, and Nagito coughs a little.

"Hm... Nagi, did you take your medicine today?" I ask.

"Um... oh, shoot. Heh, no, I forgot." Nagito says with a little chuckle. I shake my head and chuckle. Nagito gets up, and goes to get his cough medicine. He goes into the bathroom, and grabs the little bottle. He opens it, and takes two tablets, and swallows them. He comes back to me, and lays back down. He takes a drink of his tea, and picks up his book.

"Wow! Heh, you're almost done with that book. I just got it for you. Heh, you must really like it Huh?" I say with a smile.

"Yeah, it's awesome! I love it." Nagito chuckles. I chuckle a little, and look down at my phone again. Nagito continues to read. "...*cough*..ugh..." Nagito says with a bit of discomfort.

"You alright?" I question concerned. Nagito really sounds sore-throated.

"Yeah...*cough*" He says. It sounds like his throat is really dry. He's wheezing pretty bad, too. It sounds like he's having trouble breathing.

"Are you sure? You don't sound good... did you take your medicine?" I question anxiously.

"Yeah... didn't really help..." Nagito says uncomfortably. I look at him with suspicion. I ask him to sit up. I put my hand on his back, and pull my head towards his chest. I try to listen to his lungs.

"Hm... are you having trouble breathing? It sounds like your chest is pretty tight..." I say nervously.

"Yeah, a little..." He says back.

"Ok... m-maybe you should see the doctor... you don't sound so good..." I worry. Nagito agrees, and we get dressed in our normal clothes, and we get to the car in our driveway. Is a new car that we got not long ago. Nagito gets in the passenger's seat, and I get in the driver's seat. I put the key in, and we drive to the doctor's office. We get there, and we get inside. I talk to the woman at the front desk.

"I'm so sorry. We were just about to close... is this an absolute emergency? What's the matter?" She says to me.

"M-my husband is having trouble breathing..." I say worried. "Please. You have to help him..." just as I finish saying that, I hear a door open in the back.

"Hajime?... what are you doing here?" Someone says. It's Mikan.

"Mikan. Please, you need to help Nagi..." I say very worried.

"W-what's wrong with him?" She asks.

"He can't breathe very well... and he's coughing pretty bad..." I explain. Mikan says she can help us. She takes Nagito and I into an examination room.

"Ok, Nagito. I'm just going to take a listen to your lungs, ok?" Mikan says. Nagito nods his head, and Mikan comes over, and listens to Nagito's lungs. "Well, your lungs sound very tight... and you're wheezing a bit..."

"Y-yeah... an my throat hurts a bit..." Nagito explains. Mikan nods, and takes a small light, and looks at Nagito's throat.

"Ok... it's a little red..." Mikan says. "Really, the biggest issue is the tightness of your lungs... hm... come with me." Nagito stands up, and Mikan leads him and I to another room. She sits Nagito down on a chair, and takes a small cord, with a clip attached to the end of it. The takes Nagito's hand, and clips the clip onto Nagito's finger. She then looks at a computer screen beside him. "Ok..."

"What's that?" I ask.

"It's just so I can monitor his vitals." Mikan explains. She points to the screen, which shows Nagito's heart rate and blood pressure, and other things. "Ok... so, everything looks good-....." she goes. She stops her sentence short.

"Mikan? What's wrong? Is everything ok?..." I ask.

"....." she's quiet. She has a nervous expression.

"Mikan?..," I question.

"I-I... we have to get him to the hospital... right now!..." Mikan worries. We all stand up, and Mikan unclips Nagito's finger. We all rush out to my car. Nagito gets into the passenger's seat, and Mikan gets in the back. I get in, and drive us all to the hospital. We get in, and Mikan leads us to the emergency room. We get in a room, and Mikan tells Nagito to lay in the bed. She tells him to take off his clothes, and she puts a gown on him.

"W-what's going on?" I question very anxiously.

"I-I'll explain later. I have to get this done." She says worried. She clips the clip on Nagito's finger again, and looks at the screen. Mikan worries. She gets a machine, that has a mask attached to it. She takes the mask, and puts it on Nagito. She turns the machine on.

"What is that? Why does he need that on?..." I question.

"It's just something to help him breathe." Mikan explains. She comes close to me. She speaks in a tone, in which only I can hear. "His oxygen levels are kinda low. Obviously, it's clear that the normal levels should be 100, but his levels are at 92... that's not good..." Mikan explains.

"...*sigh*... I understand... what can you do? Please, do what you can..." I say upset.

"I will... I promise... he'll be alright..." Mikan assures me. We look back at Nagito. He seems pretty calm. I walk over to him, and I sit in a chair next to him. I put my hand on his face. He holds me wrist comfortingly. I close my eyes. I stand up, and kiss Nagito on the head. I look to Mikan.

"How long will he have to keep this on?..." I question.

"Well, until his airways open up, and he can breathe stably in his own. But I assure you, he's fine." Mikan says. I sit back down beside Nagito. I put my hand on the back of his head gently. He looks at me, and leans over to me, and I kiss his head. We sit and wait for a bit longer. Every once in a while, Mikan would look at the screen, and check Nagito's oxygen levels. He's getting better over time with the mask on.