Family

"...what are his levels at now?..." I ask Mikan. She looks at the monitor.

"His levels are back up to 100." She says with a relieved smile.

"Awesome. So, can we take the mask off him now?" I ask.

"Well, I think we should keep it on him for a few more minutes. Just so he's stable." Mikan says. I nod, and put my hand on Nagito's head, feeling his fluffy hair. Nagito smiles, and leans his head on my shoulder. I smile. I then get a phone call.

"Uh, excuse me." I say politely. I answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, Haj! I've got to tell you something so awesome!" I hear. It's Fuyuhiko.

"Heheh. Well, what is it?" I say. I chuckle a bit.

"Ok, so, I just hooked up with this girl, and, her name is Hope. I hooked up with her about a week ago. And, well, we just found out something." He says excited. He sounds like he's just about ready to burst into tears of joy.

"Heheh, what did you find out?" I ask. I smile a bit.

"We.. I'm going to be a parent!.." Fuyuhiko says really excited.

"Really!? No way! That's so great! I'm so happy for you, Fuyuhiko." I exclaim. I'm so happy, that I start to cry of joy. We talk for a bit more, then Fuyuhiko says he has to go. He hangs up, and I go back to Nagito.

"..Haj, what's wrong?.. why are you crying?.." Nagito asks.

"I'm fine. Just, really happy." I say. I wipe my eyes.

"Why?.." Nagito asks.

"..Fuyuhiko was on the phone, and he just found out that.. he's going to have a baby." I say.

"Really!? That's great! Does he know when he baby is due? And- who's the mother?.." Nagito asks.

"He said he found a girlfriend about a week ago. And, they just found out she's going to have a baby." I say with a smile. I sit down beside Nagito.

"That's awesome. When is she due?" Nagito asks.

"Fuyuhiko didn't say. They don't know yet. Fuyuhiko told me they just went to the hospital not too long ago. He said Hope felt something in her stomach, and they went to have it checked out." I say. I kiss Nagito's cheek. "Hope is Fuyuhiko's girlfriend."

"This is amazing. I'm so happy for him." Nagito says with a smile. Mikan then comes over. She informs us that Nagito is able to take the breathing mask off, and we can go home. Nagito takes off the mask, and stands up. He's a little shaky, because of the medication that was to help him breathe. Mikan talks to us for a moment, and explains that Nagito had a little fluid buildup in his lungs, according to the
X-rays Mikan took a while ago. She gives Nagito medicine to take, and we go home. We get home at about 10:00. It's pretty late. We get home, and get in our bedroom.

"How are you feeling, Nagi?.." I ask Nagito with a tired smile. We get sweatpants and shirts on, and we sit in bed.

"Better.." Nagito says. He smiles, and yawns a bit. We kiss a little, then lay down. We turn the lights off, and fall asleep.

The next morning

It's the next morning, around 10:00 or so. Nagito is awake. I'm still asleep. Nagito wakes up, and sits on the bed. He looks to me, curled up in the blankets, fast asleep. Nagito smiles, and strokes my head. I smile daintily. Nagito then gets up to go get himself breakfast. He makes tea, and miso soup. He waits for it to cook. He looks at the calendar.

"Hm.. July 16th... oh! Our two month anniversary.." Nagito says. He smiles. He then decides to make me a very big breakfast. He prepares dark brewed coffee, and a few omelets too. And some mochi. He puts all of it on plates, and he brings it to our bedroom. "Haj?.. you awake yet?" He says quietly. I stir a little. I wake up after a bit. I sit up. And rub my weary eyes.

"..yeah, I am now.. what's up, babe?" I say tiredly.

"Heheh. Morning, Haj. I made you a little breakfast." Nagito says. He smiles, and places the tray of plates down on my lap carefully.

"Aw, Nagi! That's so sweet! You're the best." I say with awe. I kiss Nagi, and give him a big hug. He giggles a little bit, and sits down with me.

"Y'know what today is?" He asks me. I shake my head as I put Mochi in my mouth. "Our two month anniversary." I smile, and nod my head. "I was thinking that, we could go out for dinner with Fuyuhiko and his girlfriend, and our friends..y'know, as a 'family' thing."

"That's a wonderful idea, Nagi." I say. I ask Nagito if he wanted to share the breakfast. He agrees, and we dine together. Time goes by since then. We're out of bed, and we're getting dressed. Nagito is in the bathroom brushing out his hair. I'm in there as well, brushing my teeth. I finish brushing my teeth, then I spit into a small cup. I rinse my mouth with water, and I exit the bathroom. I then go to send a mass text to our friends about later tonight. I sit down in the sofa. Soon after, Nagito comes and sits with me. He kisses my cheek, and we giggle a little. We sit together.

"So, is there anything you want to do today?" Nagi asks. He holds my hand and looks at me.

"Besides later, I, guess there's noting I've thought about. But, I guess we can take a walk, or something. If your legs aren't hurting you too much." I say. Nagito nods his head. We then prepare to go out for a walk. We get a little drawstring bag, and we put some water bottles in there, and a few little things to eat. I also put Nagito's medication in there, just in case he needs it. We then head out for our walk. We're walking down the sidewalk, holding hands. We stop at a local dog park, and we decide to rest there for a little while. Time goes by since then. It's now later. We're getting ready to go to Teruteru Mazuu for our 'family' dinner. Nagito and I are getting dressed. We get on our nicest tuxedos, and we touch up our hair.

"This is going to be great." Nagito says. He kisses my cheek as we walk out of the door to the bus stop. I smile, and ruffle his hair.

"Indeed it is." I say. We wait for a bus. After a little while, once comes, and takes us to the restaurant. Holding hands, Nagito and I walk inside. We get inside, and we see a huge table of our friends. We go to sit down with them. "Well, hello, everyone." I smile. Nagi and I sit.

"Hey, guys! Good to see ya!" Makoto says.

"Yes. Indeed it is. This is a wonderful restaurant." Rantaro says. We greet our friends, then, Teruteru comes to take our orders. Time goes by since then. We're eating our desserts. We all had a wonderful wonderful dinner. Nagito and I share a dish of chocolate ice cream.

"This is tasty. I love chocolate. Just like how I love you." I say to Nagito as I kiss his cheek. He giggles, and rubs the back of my neck. I smile. I look at all of our friends. I decide to say something. "Hey. Everyone.. I, have a little something to say.. I, want to say.. thank you all, for being the most kind, loving, helpful friends we could ever have.. we couldn't have made it this far in life without you, our friends..our family.. a toast. To you, our family." I raise my glass of Ramune. Everyone raises their glasses, and says 'to family'. We finish our desserts, and we pay the check. We all say farewells to each other, and we all head home. Nagito and I eventually get home. We get into sweatpants, and into bed.

"I love you, Haj.." Nagito says. We kiss.

"I love you too, Nagi.." I say. We smile. And kiss again. He turn off the lights, and fall asleep. I'm lucky to have friends like the friends I have now. And with Nagito..I couldn't be any luckier.