One

"I'd climb every mountain; and swim every ocean, just to be with you......."

Caleb hated that he couldn't throw it away.

Throwing it away would mean throwing her away and he, for some reason couldn't do it.

He stared at the painted canvas one last time before returning it to the darkness of the cupboard. She had been the last thing he'd ever painted before he had placed darkness over that part of his life. He hadn't picked up a paintbrush in five years and did he miss it, just as fucking much as he missed her.

But he'd come to realize that both of those parts of his life would never be opened again and would never see the light. Caleb felt like a fool when he thought of Georgia, he'd let her in so easily without the concern of the amount of power he was giving her.

He gave her so much.

What kind of man couldn't get over one woman?

He was a fool.

A hopeless fool, who felt that love was shit and only brought pain. So when Daniella asked him if he believed in true love, he'd told her that "that shit didn't exist and she should forget about it."
Daniella was speechless after that, Caleb was the perfect example of what a heartbroken person looked like, plain and simple.

~*~

Caleb tapped his foot impatiently as the line in Starbucks seemed to be going nowhere. He'd been standing there for at least five minutes and he seemed to be wasting time. Caleb was on a tight schedule, he had a nine o'clock meeting scheduled and he couldn't be late. This meeting was extremely important for the continued financial stability of his company and his accountant was not a man to piss off.

Caleb glanced at his Rolex and sighed frustrated at the rate the employees were working. He did not have time for this, making a swift decision to leave and forget about his coffee he turned his heel and bolted for the door.
"Mr. Hearst!" He heard someone yell.
Caleb didn't bother to turn around in fear of it being a reporter so he continued towards the door at a quicker pace.

Suddenly a hand touched his shoulder and he swiveled his heel reluctantly, to face a man about his age. He was tall and lean with brown curly hair and brown eyes that seemed to hold an air of arrogance to it. Caleb narrowed his eyes at the officer and scowled, reading people was a good asset Caleb had acquired and more times than less did it come in handy. He looked him up and down, he didn't have time for an interview with some police officer!

"Please Mr. Hearst, just a minute of your time!" The man was pleading and Caleb didn't have any idea why.
His scowl only deepened, "Do I know you?" Caleb spat out.
The man shook his head, "My name is Adrian Graham."

Adrian Graham? Caleb feeling off as searched his eyes for any sign of what this could be about. When Adrian flashed his FBI badge and Caleb folded his arms, "This is important, Mr. Hearst."

Caleb rolled his eyes, "It always is. If you don't mind Adrian, I'm late....." he turned his heel to walk away.
"Don't walk away from me!" Adrian suddenly grabbed Caleb.
Caleb's eyes widened at the contact and immediately shook his hand off roughly, "As I said before Mr. Hearst, this is important."

Caleb was in no mood to get arrested or taken into FBI headquarters today. The press would have a field day with him in chains, so it was better to see what the hell this man wanted before he made any rash decisions.
He sighed aggravated, "Let's find a table."
Adrian took a seat and he followed wearily, curious as to why the agent wanted to speak with him.

"What's this about?" Caleb's voice came out rather agitated.
Adrian leaned back in his seat, "It's about my sister."
Confusion covered his features, "Your sister?" Caleb was nervous, did he get some whore knocked up? Fuck, he really hoped he wasn't going to be a father! He'd only been sleeping with Daniella recently but she hadn't been the only one.

"Yes, my sister. Listen Mr. Hearst, this may sound far fetched but I can assure you I'm not making this up."
Caleb wanted Adrian to just spit it out and get it over with— he hated waiting and the anticipation was killing him. Oddly enough, looking at Adrian now, Caleb suddenly felt sour as he remembered how he'd even heard Adrian's name before.

No.

It couldn't be.

"My sister, she was in a car accident recently. She made it out alive but she was in a coma for a whole week. Three days ago, she woke up and the first person she asked for was you."

Caleb didn't hide the shock on his face as he stared at Adrian in disbelief, "she doesn't remember anyone else and won't talk to anyone but you."
How was that even possible?
Him?
"I know it's a long shot but her name is Georgia Graham..."

Fuck.

That couldn't be, she, she left him.

"I know you probably don't know her and she probably just saw your name in some magazine but she won't talk to anyone and..."

Caleb suddenly shook his head furiously, "I don't, I don't, I can't...."
Adrian suddenly narrowed his eyes, "Mr. Hearst?" Confusion mixed with his tone.
"I can't help you." Caleb stood up quickly.
"Woah! Wait! Mr. Hearst!"

Caleb didn't stop his legs from bursting through the doors and onto the street. Adrian was hot on his heels, "Please Mr. Heart, Georgia needs you! Just see her."

Fuck that, he needed her and she left him.

It was shallow thought of this being his revenge but how could he face her after all this time. What exactly did she even remember about him? He shook his head and kept walking away from Adrian, unfortunately the man was persistent and followed him.
"Listen, my family just needs you to see her and talk to her, tell her it's okay to trust us, and then, then you can go and never go back."

Adrian sounded exasperated, "We'll pay you-"

Caleb almost burst into laughter, "Pay me? I own a multimillion dollar company, what sum of money could you possibly offer me?"
Adrian ran his fingers through his hair, "Look, please.."
Caleb shook his head, "it's not happening." Cutting him off as he walked away.
"If you change your mind, please Mr. Hearst she's at St. Paul's Hospital!" He heard Adrian yell, "I'll have them put your name on the guest list!"

Adrian glared at the back of Caleb's head as he made his way to his car. Hands on the wheel, Caleb let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Just like that, Georgia had crawled her way into his life again. He didn't know how to feel about that, he shook his head, if this had been two years earlier he would have readily jumped at the opportunity to see her, help her but now, he saw it fit to do nothing.

It was selfish but she had taken everything he had and left him nothing. Caleb couldn't find her anywhere and he had tried to look and sometimes he wondered if she was even real. Now here he was sitting in the front seat of his car with his mind clearly made up; he was going to do nothing. It was a petty and disgusting way for revenge but Georgia was no longer his business no matter his feelings-