Twenty Seven

"First date jitters do come around, even after years of being apart"

O N W A R D S;

The dress she was wearing complimented everything about her. Hugging her small curves, the pretty black dress flowed elegantly down her legs stopping short before her knees; her black stilettos making her a few inches taller than usual. She wrapped her auburn colored hair up in a clip, with selected pieces of hair hanging down. She was absolutely stunning but Caleb already knew that and as they walked hand in hand through the restaurant, he saw the lingering gazes of some of the men as they walked past.

Caleb narrowed his eyes at one man whom had the audacity to stare open mouthed at his girl. Sheepishly the man looked away as Caleb's hardened gaze had done its job, he felt the grip Georgia had on his hand tighten, "Why are people staring?" She asked nervously.
Caleb shook his head at her naivety as he watched her take her free hand and pat down her dress and fix her hair, "—because you look beautiful." He complimented.
She blushed deeply and tucked a stray hair behind her ear, "Thank you."

They sat down together after Caleb pushed her chair in for her.
"This restaurant is amazing!" She complimented.
Caleb hummed, "I found it a few years ago when a friend of mine and I dined here."
She nodded taking in the decor before turning her attention to him, "How's everything at work?" She asked sipping her wine.
Caleb smiled, "Busy these days because of how many deals are rolling in, from a lot of high end companies."
"That's great Caleb! I'm proud of you!"She reached for his hand from across the table, "I know you mentioned having a meeting with Harry yesterday, how'd it go?"

He casually explained what had taken place, not leaving out a single detail to fill her in. He took a swift sip of his wine before grinning at her, "Have you heard from any of the Universities you applied too?"
Suddenly she looked down, "No, nothing yet— I'm starting to think that reapplying wasn't such a good idea"
He shook his head, "Its early; there's still time for you to get in."
She smiled shyly at him, "So optimistic."
He shrugged, "I just think you could do anything you put your mind too."

She sighed and looked at him through her lashes,
"What would I do without you." She said truthfully.
Caleb shrugged, "Seriously Caleb— I can't even begin to have you understand what you mean to me."
"I honestly still can't believe that after everything you still choose me to be here with you."
"—and I don't have a clue about what I could do to even attempt to make it up to you after everything."

She looked away as scared of what her admission would do, Caleb leaned across the table and placed his hand tenderly on her cheek,
"Just stay."
She looked up at him, meeting his intense gaze as she nodded her head, "Okay."
He smiled as she leaned into his touch and he leaned back into his seat, retracting his hand. Georgia gingerly began eating her meal when it arrived and Caleb couldn't help but stare at her.

There she was; his Georgia, his girl.

He felt a certain explosion of emotions erupt in his stomach. Happiness was never to be taken for granted especially with their track record; and as of right now Caleb was living in the moment.
"You know I remember the first time I saw you at the bus," Caleb began, "I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen— and believe me, I still think that but that first time, it was as if something had clicked."
He looked at Georgia trying to gage her reaction to what he was saying, "I was too excited when you'd given me your number," he chuckled shaking his head, "it was as if with everything going on with my father at the time, the universe had finally bestowed a blessing upon me."

Her expression was suddenly filled with dare he say love, at his words.
"You never told me that." She whispered softly.
He shrugged, "It was time you knew anyway, what you mean to me." He took her hand in his and kissed the back of it.
Those three specific words at the back of his throat but he refused to let them slip, not yet.

The bill was paid and hand in hand the couple made their way to Caleb's car. Way too far away to hear the clicks of the camera as it took pictures of them. The night was still young and the drive back to his apartment through the traffic of New York was not as heavy as he expected as he pulled up in front of his pent house suit in less than twenty minutes. He came around and opened the door for her and instantly noticed her trembling hands.
"This is where you live." She nervously chuckled, stating the obvious.

Caleb smiled down at her as he helped her out of the car, "Nervous?" He teased gently tugging her hand to the door.
In the corner of his eye he saw her gulp, "Nope." She popped the 'p' trying to act casual but Caleb could see straight through it.
They took the elevator to the top floor and it stopped with a ding and Caleb went into his pockets fishing for his keys. The agony of the time he took taking them out had caused Georgia to hold his hand tighter, unintentionally.

He grinned facing the door as he pushed it open, "Its huge." She muttered under her breath.
"—and to think, all this time we spent in my lousy condo when we could have been here!"
"Drink?" He asked, taking off his coat.
He saw Georgia's eyes travel down his body, "Water please."
He went into the kitchen and came back with a glass in his hand, tentatively taking short steps towards her.

He handed her glass, standing directly in front of her now. Her cold fingertips taking the glass from his hand as she brought the glass up to her lips. Her eyes never leaving his as she took a sip. Caleb gulped and slowly lifted his hand to grip hers over the glass. Slipping the glass away from her he rested it onto the glass table beside them and he leaned forward assaulting her lips with his. His hand held her waist as hers found themselves in his hair.

She pulled it harder as he bit down on her lip causing her to let a groan escape her lips. His hands found their under her ass as he lifted her up and she instinctively wrapped hers legs around his waist. He knew the way around his house like the back of his hand and found his bedroom like a piece of cake. He felt his hand on the zipper of her dress and pulled it down, revealing red lace. He sucked in a breath as he stared down at her, "Fucking gorgeous" his voice was breathy as he looked at her body.

His eyes found their way to hers and gave her a look, as if asking if it was okay to continue "Are you sure?" He asked.
She nodded her head frantically, "I want to hear you say it."
"Yes I'm sure." Her voice was raspy.

-and that was all it took as Caleb made sweet sweet love to her.