Ten

"He's carried on so long, he couldn't stop if he tried"

O N W A R D S;

Georgia's words from two days ago were stuck in his head as he drove to the Palace. It was a high end restaurant for mostly upperclassmen, rich business men who chose to spend their millions on champagne and women and today dressed in a suit and tie Caleb handed his car keys to the young valet and smirked, "Take care of her will ya." He nodded to his Ferrari.

The young man nodded his head and slid into the front seat. He brushed his golden hair back with his hand and fastened his suit around his broad shoulders, approaching the front desk.
"Reservation under the name Hearst."
The waiter nodded and led him to a table in the center of the restaurant. The room was full of chatter as the lunch time rush was ongoing and seeing familiar faces of businessmen he knew he nodded towards them.

Seating himself he looked over the menu, scanning the appetizers while awaiting Daniella. As if on cue as he closed the menu, he lifted his eyes to meet hers. As Caleb stood up to greet her, he could tell some of the men who were in conversation looked up following her movements to his table. Caleb couldn't deny that Daniella was attractive, she was tall and slender with blonde curls that fell below her shoulders in waves and soft, round blue eyes. As she approached him, his gaze swept over her black dress that hugged her curvy figure and landed on her knees.

Her stiletto heels made a click clack sound against the marble tile as a flirtatious smile fell upon her lips as she approached him. Caleb moved around the table and pulled out the chair for her.
"Caleb." She greeted him placing a lingering kiss to his cheek.
"Daniella." He pushed her chair back in as she sat down.
"How have you been?" She placed her Michael Kors hand bag on the table.

He shrugged as the waiter come to take their drink order, "I'd take Chateau Lafite Roschild Pauillac 2010 please, I'm doing fine. How are you?"
"Would you like the same wine miss?"
Daniella nodded, "Please. I'm doing good, my father asked about you. He sends his regards."
Daniella's father and his were very good friends during his father's years. He and Daniella were match made by them and Caleb's father Thomas had at one time wanted his son to marry her.

"Tell Kingsley hello for me,"
Daniella nodded, "He also wanted to know when you'll be able to close any of the deals with any companies?"
Caleb cringed inwardly, he'd been more than occupied recently, and because of that, work had taken a backseat. Caleb knew he needed to get himself in order and soon.
"No, I haven't but I will soon." Caleb answered.

Daniella raised his eyebrows, "What's been taking up your time recently Caleb?"
She visibly leaned back in her seat, "It hasn't been me— you haven't called me in weeks." She narrowed her eyes into slits.
"So what's been going on?"
"People have been talking...." she began.
He scoffed, "You of all people know not to believe the rumor mill."

Daniella smirked, "I didn't say that I did but when you make the cover of a magazine with a scandal it's hard not too."
Caleb furrowed his eyebrows as Daniella suddenly dug into her purse, magazine, scandal? Placing the paper on the table, Caleb took a glimpse of the cover.

Caleb Hearst, son of the late Thomas Hearst C.E.O of Hearst Global visits St. Paul's Hospital to see mystery woman?
Who is she? Is Caleb going to be a father?
With a picture of Caleb leaving the hospital, courtesy of the paparazzi who hounded him two days ago.

Suddenly he met Daniella's blue eyes with his hazel ones. An unknown emotion was evident on her face as she stared at him, waiting for an explanation.
"Is it true?"
"Is this why you haven't been at the office?"
"Were you with her when I called the other day?"
Caleb took a sip of his wine, "Tell your father and everyone else who wants to mind my business that I'll be at the office come Monday morning."
Daniella nodded, her lips in a small frown, "Caleb, what if I want to know if it's true?"