Thirty One

"don't you forget about me"

O N W A R D S;

Caleb smiled as Georgia handed him a glass of cocoa and cuddled closer into his chest. In the two weeks after the break-in, Caleb hadn't let Georgia out of his sight because unfortunately, the whereabouts of the maniac were still unknown. The police had raided his house on Tuesday but he'd already fled, leaving nothing but dust for the police to find. However, the search was still on and both Caleb and Georgia were advised to be alert at all times. Security had been doubled on his penthouse ground floor due to Caleb's growing worry and even with extra muscle he still couldn't be to sure that it was safe enough.

It was Saturday morning and the couple had decided to sleep in. Caleb looked on as his girl flipped through channels on his flatscreen, finally settling on some soap opera with a set of teenagers. Caleb eyes suddenly caught sight of the invitation on the kitchen counter from Peter and Bethany Howell, a married couple and two of the best lawyers Caleb had ever met. They were supposed to be having a cocktail party later today and Caleb had been invited but seeing as he had been currently occupied their situation he didn't plan on attending but having Georgia cooped up in his apartment for a whole two weeks couldn't possibly be healthy so as the invitation caught his eye, he spoke.

"Love," he heard her hum softly, "I've been invited to a cocktail party later today."
This seemed to catch Georgia's attention as she whipped her eyes away from the television and stared at him.
"Do you want to go?" He asked.
He saw a smile light up in her face, "Yes." She said instantly.
"I definitely want to get out of the house." She muttered, "is it formal?" She questioned.

Caleb chuckled knowing the Howell's, it was definitely a suit and tie event.

~*~

By the time seven came around, Caleb had changed into a black suit with a tie to match. He had his hair combed back neatly and he sighed adjusting his suit awaiting the arrival of his girlfriend, who seemed to be unaware of the time it was actually starting. Caleb had waiting a total of ten extra minutes before he was standing in front of the bathroom door, "Georgia, babe, we have to go"
"Five more minutes!" He heard her yell back but Caleb shook his head, five more minutes his ass.

Fifteen minutes later, he heard the click clack of her stilettos on the marble floor. If Caleb was a cartoon, his mouth would have been hanging open in awe, seeing her now was definitely worth the wait. His girl wore a navy blue dress that rippled straight down to her toes with a slit on her left side from her thigh downwards. The dress hung off her shoulders and hugged her waist tightly before loosely falling to the floor. Her auburn color hair was straightened and pinned to the left side and her makeup elegantly done to a 't'.

"You're gorgeous." He whispered huskily in her ear.
He saw her blush a deep red and smile, "You look handsome as well."
Hooking her arm in his, Caleb proceeded to exit the apartment, calling his limo driver to come around front. At the sight of the limo, Georgia gave him a look, "Did you really hire a limo?"
Caleb shrugged, "Its a regular occurrence whenever I attend parties such as these."
Georgia nodded, as his driver came out and opened the door for them.

He could tell that she was extremely excited as her leg bumped up and down as they pulled in front of the  designation.
"Oh my god." Georgia said in a hushed whisper.
"Did they rent this place?" She whispered into her ear.
"Yeah actually, from me." Georgia looked at him wide eyed.
"You own this!" The building in front of them was held up by marble pillars and stood with at least eleven floors to it.
"I bought this place about two years ago, to make some small change from renting it out."

"Small change?" Georgia furrowed her eyebrows, "How much is small change?"
Caleb pursed his lips, "$25,000 for the night"
Georgia gawked at him, "Right, small change." She scoffed.
Caleb extended his arm to her and she hooked hers around his as they walked through the entrance. It had been awhile since Caleb had attended one of these especially with a date and with Georgia on his arm Caleb felt elated.

The cocktail party was in full swing and Caleb nodded his head and waved his hand curtly at some associates he was familiar with. The business world was one constantly changing, it was all about making connections with the right people to keep your business afloat but tonight, Caleb had no intention of doing any of that, he  just wanted to enjoy his night with his girl. Still arm in arm, Caleb was suddenly waved over by the couple of the hour, Peter and Bethany Howell.

Caleb had always respected Peter as a lawyer and a friend as the man greeted him in a firm handshake.
"Nice to see you Caleb."
Peter was a handsome man, not looking a day over thirty at forty. He had a full head of blonde hair and stood tall and lean with kind brown eyes. His wife, Bethany was gorgeous to match with long brown hair was styled up and piercing blue eyes that were smiling at them.
"Caleb!" Bethany leaned forward to kiss his cheeks.

"Beth." He smiled as he stood back, "This is my girlfriend, Georgia."
"Georgia, this is Peter and Bethany Howell."
Georgia smiled, "Nice to meet you too."
"Caleb she's gorgeous." Bethany gushed as she started to carry on her own conversation with Georgia.
Caleb grinned as Georgia smiled shyly replying to whatever Bethany had asked her,  "I hear you're doing well for yourself." Peter raised an eyebrow at him.

Caleb chuckled, "I'd like to think so,"
Peter smiled, "You're still very young, I'm proud of you Caleb. God knows at that age what I was still doing."
Both men chuckled to themselves as suddenly Caleb scanned his eyes over to see Georgia and Bethany talking to another woman who Caleb vaguely recognized. Then it clicked, "Peter, is that your daughter?" Caleb asked in disbelief.

Peter chuckled, "Yup," Peter signaled Bethany to come over again.
"Scarlet, you remember Caleb." Bethany spoke up.
Scarlet grinned, "Yeah, of course."
Caleb had remembered the first time he'd met their adopted daughter. Scarlet-Blake Howell looked nothing like her parents, she had dark curly hair that hung just below her shoulders and caramel colored skin that was glowing in the bright room.

"I haven't seen you in years." Caleb commented, Scarlet nodded her head, "How old are you now?"
Scarlet smiled, "seventeen."
The conversation continued on circling back to Caleb's work until both him and Georgia departed from the trio.
"They're nice." Georgia smiled, Caleb nodded his head at her.
Caleb led Georgia to the dance floor and extended his hand to her, "May I?" He asked.
"Yes." She giggled, as Caleb swept her across the dance floor.

Caleb twirled her in his arms for two songs before he offered to find her a drink. He watched as Georgia made her way over to Scarlet who smiled and offered her a seat at her table. Caleb smiled as both Georgia and Scarlet began giggling at something but his vision was suddenly blocked when a man stood in front of him with a friendly smile to his face, "Caleb, my boy." Kingsley Pascal spoke, "It's been awhile."
Caleb lifted his drink in greeting, "It has."

Caleb hadn't really expected to see his father's most trusted friend here but he wasn't complaining, it was time to find out what exactly had happened in Greece in the first place.