So, this is Hopes Peak...

Hey, psst, to those who have never read a story self insert fic Y/N means 'your name' and L/N means 'Last name,

__________________________

Around 40, years ago was a war.

Well...war has happened here plenty of times before. It's part of human nature.

They've tried invading Asia, Africa, Europe and even the continent of North America. But luck just wasn't on their side and their victories never lasted long.

I guess, they didn't realise times had changed. Losing one battle after the other, they lost the territory that had worked so hard to build up, dwindle.

Out of desperation they built up their industrial strength to unprecedented heights to wage on final battle against the world.

That was around 40 years ago...

They fought ferociously but were utterly defeated and were forced to retreat to their homeland from whence they came. But they weren't ready to give up just yet.

They then committed the unthinkable.

They dropped nuclear bombs on their own territory destroying their cities and killing millions.

Seeing this tragedy unfold in front of their very eyes, the victorious countries vowed to throw down their weapons. The world was finally once at peace, and thanks to them, it seemed like it would last forever...

And in a nation, far, far away, a young boy starts his journey...

__________________________

"So, this is Hopes Peak Academy..." you gazed at the towering main building. Honestly, to you, it looked smaller in the pictures.

You stood in front of the main gate, in front of the main building.

You may want to know a bit about me. I'm a high school student who is about to attend the prestigious 'Hopes Peak Academy'. From what you knew, Hopes Peak is a government funded school for the gifted, privileged and the elite.

A one of a kind school for one of a kind people.

For example, if you excelled in a certain field, such as baseball, you would be the 'Super High School Baseball player'.

You were starstruck when you received the invite. It was only about a week ago...

__________________________

"Holy shit! Mom! Dad!" You yelled. A teenager careered down the stairs, phone in hand, practically running to his parents, who were eating dinner, and showed them an email you had just received on my phone.

Dear, Y/N L/N

I have the honour to invite you to be one of the students of our prestigious school.

Hopes Peak Academy

Over the last few days, our talent scouts ran investigations on you and your talents as a pilot. Our school is one that scouts students who are the best of the best of a certain skill. After verifying and analysing your information we are proud to present you the title:

Super High School Level Fighter Pilot

If you do wish to attend, you will be living in our dorms or an apartment paid for by us. We suggest you make your decision ASAP and prepare to move in, the trip to Tokyo will be paid by us. The entrance ceremony will be next week at 8AM. We hope you will accept our invitation.

Yours sincerely
Jin Kirigiri

We just stood in silence for a moment before your dad blurted out, "That's my boy!" He came and hugged you,ruffling my hair.

"I'm so proud of you!" your mother smiled softly, "Your just like your father when he was your age,"

That was true, your family had a rich history when it came towards aviation.

Your great grandfather was a P51D Mustang pilot, escorting hordes of B17 bombers over Germany before becoming one of the first to fly an F86 Sabre during the Korean War.

Next, your grandfather was and F4 Phantom ace, flying over the lush green jungles of Vietnam.

And, more recently, your dad, was an A10 Thunderbolt pilot raining 'Death from Above' in the Middle East.

Most likely, you were going to follow in your predecessors footsteps. Luckily, there have been no major wars as of late. Maybe humanity has finally learned from its mistakes?

"Wait, so this isn't a prank?!"

"No!"

__________________________

Later that night you did some research on Hopes Peak and, needless to say, it was pretty impressing and I liked what saw.

"Super High School Level Fighter Pilot, huh?" you laid back on your chair and stared at the ceiling, "I knew I was good, but that good?" Maybe those long hours of training have finally paid off.

That night, you considered the options heavily. It was either stay here and continue with training or go to Hopes Peak and become one of the elite.

Eventually, you decided to go to Hopes Peak. It would be a nice change of pace as well as granting you the ability to live abroad in Japan, a place which you had always wanted to visit since you were young for various reasons you didn't disclose to your parents. Virtually for free.

An opportunity like this can only come once in a lifetime, so it was a no brainer. And who knows? Maybe you could make some friends and memories along the way.

So, the next day you informed my parents about the decision, packed my things and flew to Japan, stayed in Tokyo for a few days looking around seeing the sights before finding yourself standing in front of the campus.

___________________________

Before you knew it you were standing nervously in from of a class.

"Alrighty , everyone. Before we begin class, I would like to make a little announcement," the teacher said. The students mumbled for a bit before settling down, "I would like to introduce a new students to Hopes Peak. If you would please,"

The teacher nods to you.

"Uhmm, hi, my name is Y/N L/N and I'm... The High School Level Fighter Pilot,"