I challenge you to a dogfight! (Part 1)

OFS Kestrel, somewhere in the Ceres Ocean, off the coast of the Bastok Peninsula, Yuktobania.

Latitude: Unknown, Longitude: Unknown, 1030 hours, July 15th 2010.

The CIC was dimly lit by lights that emitted a blue hue, suspended on the ceilings, as the beeping and buzzing of radars and communications systems rang out through the dense room. as men filled their posts. Monitoring for signs of suspicious activity through these dangerous waters.

"Sir, you may want to take a look at this..."

"What is it?" the gruff operations commander said as he walked up towards the OS.

"I've got multiple bogeys heading towards us at high speed. They're coming from bearing 3-0-9. Yuktobanian fighter's, sir,"

The operations commander thought for a moment before walking towards a desk and speaking into a big red phone, "Hostile Yuktobanian aircraft are incoming," his gruff voice echoed throughout the ships loudspeaker's, "Scramble all fighter aircraft now and prepare for immediate intercept. Launch the F14's on Alert 5 now!"

___________________________

"Barracuda, ya hear that?" a man with a slight southern accent called out from the rear seat of the plane. That man's nickname was Hare and was Barracuda's RIO, "We gotta get ower asses in the air now!"

"Yeah, yeah, Hare. I got it, I got it," Barracuda dismissed, "Barracuda, requesting permission to take off,"

"Barracuda, roger," the catapult officer said, "Perform final checks,"

"Roger," he replied "Performing final checks. Left and right engine, check. Oil pressure, check. ECS, operational. Radar, operational. Flaps and stabs lefts side, Hare?"

"Check,"

"Flaps and stabs right side?"

"Check,"

"How about rudders?"

"They're all good to go!"

"Systems check weapons. Checking cannon..." he squeezed the trigger, "Sounds good, gun spun up. Missiles are armed and tracking. Got good ends, good highs, good lows. You ready, Hare?"

Barracuda fitted on his oxygen mask and lowered his visor as he turned towards Hare, who also did the same, as he gave the thumbs up.

"This is Barracuda, requesting take off clearance,"

"Roger, Barracuda, your second in line," the catapult operator said, "Putting on tension..."

The F14 in front of them reeled forward and let out a deafening roar as it climbed to steeply to the heavens above.

Barracuda put the engines on full afterburner as the ramp behind him was raised. He and Hare both gave a salute to the shooter as he lunged forward, pointing towards the sea, as the catapult launched their lumbering Tomcat forward at incredible speeds. Forcing him and Hare back into their seats, as if they were on a rocket, as they climbed steeply towards the deep blue sky. Their engines roaring at the ships below.

"We're going supersonic boys!" Hare cheered.

"Barracuda, correcting course to 3-0-9 . We'll be there in 2 minutes tops,"

"Roger, good luck up there..."

___________________________

Hare and Barracuda flew in formation along with the rest of the carrier air wing, Around 12 F14 tomcats and another 12 F8K Corsair 2's, scanning the skies for the Yuktobanian menace. They flew in silence until the commanders voice echoed through the speakers, seemingly reviving the tired pilots.