Epilogue

3rd person Pov

Slowly the inmortals arrived at the edge of the hole that has been ripped into the peaceful forest of the camp. All around immortals of all kinds grieved for the loss of their friend who fell into the pit.

Just then a young girl flashed there, her face stained with tears and her eyes bloodshot. She ran to the edge and immediately fell down on her knees when she spotted the sword of the love of her life. Tears fell down from her face to the ground as she broke down crying.

Around her everyone was standing there, silent. They were all affected by the sudden change of the situation, all of them suffering through it on their own way. Only one figured didn't grief. 

Void stood there, at the very edge across from Artemis. Looking down into the pit below him. Even thought he couldn't explain it, he felt like something was wrong. Like he was missing out a important detail.

Only seconds later it hit him. He couldn't sense Percy anywhere near Tartarus! He wasn't down there! And that meant he was still close enough for them to reach him.

Despise his body already being exhausted, he still flew down into the hole. As he slowly lowered himself he suddenly caught a grunt from somewhere below him. As he quickly came down towards the noise he was able to spot Percy clinging onto the wall, barely holding himself but somehow still not falling. He was obviously drained of his energy and very tired so Void wasted no time and quickly flew towards him. When he arrived he quickly grew to a godly height and took his hand before he was able to fall down. He then flew out of the pit and out into the clearing where the others were still grieving. As he flew up Percy fell unconscious.

-----------------------Line Break-------------------

Percy Pov

My whole body ached when I awoke. I quickly tried to look around but before I was even able to move I got tackled by something.

I let out a groan as my muscles hurt from the sudden move. Frankly, I was able to make out some facial features of whomever hugged me. She had a slender figure, was around my height and had long hair.

Upon hearing me wince again she stepped back, probable thinking I am still injured ( which I am not). But I was finally able to get a good look at her and, by a start, I realised that it had been Artemis whom I had been hugging.

I started to grin as I realised that everything was over. The world was at peace. I was alive and finally able to relax. My friends and I weren't hunted anymore. I was free.

I snapped back out of my thoughts just in time to see Artemis sit down next to me and to feel her fingers on my hand. She smiled at me. I leaned back onto my pillow but stopped when I heard Artemis let out a small laugh. I didn't knew what she was actually laughing about so I raised an eyebrow at her which only added to her amusement.

-------------------- Line Break ---------------------

When we arrived inside of the gigantic throne room that was built where Olympus once stood. The whole mountain was being rebuilt but the only thing finished right now was the main hall where the thrones of the remaining gods stood. Stunning was the fact that only the gods had thrones while Chaos, Order and Void were seated in simple chairs.

After waiting for a few more minutes so the last minor gods could come there the meeting began and Chaos stood up. As that happened everyone became silent as all were curious on what would happen now.

"Gods and Goddesses, we have won a war that seemed lost and we have beaten enemies, far stronger than anything you have faced before and yet here I am standing and I can declare once and for all: The new reign has begun. And as a reward for all of you, especially our champion Perseus we shall leave the rule of this planet to the council. With the death of Zeus however I see it fitting to pass the crown to someone else. To Perseus so he may lead you into years of success, years of wealth and years of strength. And as a king is chosen the council must be chosen as well. There are thrones to fill in this hall and it is your task to do so Perseus. Do not disappoint us young one."

A small smile traced her lips as she, together with her siblings, disappeared from view leaving the stunned room of gods. That was until Apollo broke it by slowly beginning to clap. Soon others joined him and suddenly all gods, minor and major were applauding their new king. I just stood there uneasy about all this, yet I couldn't stop ny smile from growing. For once I had no worry about the future. This was going to be wonderful.