Lennon day

I had found this cool room in my house hidden in an alcove. I walked in, and marveled at my discovery. It was painted like a hidden forest. The carpet was even grass green, so it completed it. My dad came up the hall, pushing my bed.

"Sophie! Where is your room??"

"Over here!" I call, exiting my room.

My dad walks in and lets out a low whistle. "Whew, this is some room you have!"

"I know, isn't it amazing?" I said, jumping a bit.

We set all my stuff in my room, then sat on the bed, admiring our work.

"That had to be a time record for putting stuff in," I said, wiping some sweat off my face.

"Ok, pum'kin, I gotta go unpack, too," dad replied.

"Sure. Good luck!" I said, jokingly.

Dad just relied with a wink. I sat on my bed, looking around for one more time, then just flopped down and went to sleep.

*                 *                     *                 *               *

The next morning, I got up and ventured out to the kitchen. Mom was cooking eggs. Again.

"Aw, mom, all you ever cook is eggs!" I complained.

Mom came over and set the eggs in front of me. "You get what you get-"

"And you don't pitch a fit," I finished, "I know, I know."

"Then quit complaining," mom finished, then walking out of the kitchen. 

I poke at my, eggs, then eat them. Then I go upstaires to put on some sweats and a tee shirt,  since I'm just going for a walk. I walk outside and inhale the moist, cool air. It works wonders for the lungs.

"Oy, Miss I'm-so-much-better-than-John-Lennon! O'er here!"

I recognise that annoying voice. Lennon. I saunter over to him, taking my sweet time. I can tell it's pissing him  off.

"What do you want, Lennon? You just ruined my walk," I said a little too coldly.

"Oh, I just wanted to say this- YER A SWINE!!!" he shouted, then cackled. 

I just stare at him, then turn and start to run.

"Hey, wait! I was just kiddin!" he shouted, chasing after me.

To my disadvantage, I had no idea where I was going, and he did. But I was built for speed. I ran and ran. I glanced behind my shoulder, and saw him far back. I ran, until I saw a huge tree. I climbed it like nobody's business.

John stopped by the tree. "Hey, Sophie? I know yer over here! Just come out, I'm sorry!"

Oh, the things I would love to shout out, but it would give away my hiding place. I slowly crept down the branches, until I was just above him. I jumped and crashed into him.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!! WHAT THE FUCKIN' HELL???????" John screeched.

I jumped off of him. "Who's the swine now? Your laying in the mud!"

John looked up at me, and I could see all the anger in his face. Then I decided it was againsted safety laws to mess with this boy. Much less get him angry. So I did what any sensible human being would do: I ran. 

"GET BACK HERE!!!" John yelled with rage.

I was far ahead, but I could almost feel his anger. I flew into my house and bolted the door, just as he ran up to it. I gave a little yelp.

"You can't hide forever!" he taunted, then walked to his house and sat on the steps.

I put my back to the door and let out a sigh. As soon as I move here, I make an enemy. Wow, my parents will be sooo proud of me! Not.

I go into my house to tidy up my room a bit. I glance out the window, and notice John isn't outside anymore. Maybe I should write him an apology. I grab some paper and write a quick note of apology, and fold it up, putting his name on the outside.

 I silently slip over to his house, staying out of the view of windows. I place the paper on the steps, and as I was about to turn, something grabs me.

"AGGGGHHHHH!!!" I shriek.

"HA! Got you!" John said, laughing like crazy.

I just look at him in shock. "You aren't mad?"

"Oh, I'm really mad. But I like you. Yer OK," John said, letting me go.

"Ohhhkayy..." i said, not really understanding how that happened.

"Truce. You come to dinner with me tomorrow, and I'll let this slide," he said, crossing his arms like he had won. Which he had.

"I guess I can't say no now."

"See you tomorrow, then!" he said with a wink, then dissapearing.

What had I gotten myself into?

************************************************************************************************************

A.N. Hey! Second chapter up! Hope you like it! And you guys absoulutly MUST read "Time Change" by @beatlesmania . It is amazing!