Fed ex or a plane?

Sophie's P.O.V

"SOOOPPPHHHIE," I heard my mother screech. "GET DOWN HERE FOR DINNER! WE'RE EATIN' MEATBALLS!"

I lifted my head from John's shirt on my bed. "I DON'T WANNA EAT!" I scream back.

There was a long silence. Then I heard feet marching up the stairs. Oh boy. But lucky me, I have a lock on my door. I lunge at my door and quickly deadbolt it. I go back to my bed and wait.

"Sophie..." my mom spoke softly. "Stop shutting yourself out."

Oh. We're playing this game?

"Shutting myself...? Oh. My. Gawd! I was perfectly happy where we were! And I doubt you moved because of your job! It was because of John, wasn't it!?" I yell. Long pause. Too long. "I'm right. Oh my God! I'm right!" I laugh like a crazy person.

"Sophie. I didn't want you to get hurt by... that boy."

"That boy? That boy's Lennon! John Lennon! And he was my boyfriend! If anything... if anything you hurt me! You tore a incurable hole in my throbbing heart!" I shouted.

"SOPHIE! THAT'S IT! COME OUT!" she yelled louder than me.

"Aww, since you asked so nicely-NO!"

"I have the keys to every damn door in this house!" and I heard her feet go down the stairs.

Did dear, ol' Mother forget? Alas! She did! Dearest daughter has a deadbolt in her room. No one can unlock that. I started giggling which turned into hysterical laughs. Maybe I am going crazy. I mean, I locked myself in my room and I can't seem to stop laughing about that. What's wrong with me?

"Nothing's wrong with you.Your perfect," John would say.

It feels like he's actually there. But he wasn't. Just a voice I'll sooner forget. I was thinking too hard. I realized Mom was walking to my room now. I shut up quickly. I heard her shove the key in my door knob lock. When she pulled it, it didn't open. Thank God for dead bolts.

"You'll have to come out for the bathroom and food eventually," she chuckled as she went downstairs.

And that's where my victory ended. In fact, when she mentioned the bathroom, I actually had to kind of go. That dang person knows me too well. Then I had a brilliant idea. Or maybe I truly need help because I'm crazy. But... I'll just ship myself to John. That's right! I get a HUGE box and poke a bunch of holes in it. Then I'll make it sound like John sent the box by putting his address on. But Mom knows his address so she'll send it right back. And I'll be in the box so I'll go right back. Perfect. I grabbed a random piece of paper in my room and a pen.

I messily scribbled down what I'd need:

Clothes, food, money, a couple pictures and books, a pillow

That's about it. Oh! Elvis record, I wrote.

This is a plan that not a single member of my family could know of... I wrote a note to dad, Dad, I love you, Mom, and James so dearly. I'm sorry, I don't want to live here anymore. I'm living with Grandma and Grandpop. Please don't make me come back! Thanks for the money for the plane ticket. Love you.

XOXOXO ~Sophie

I knew my grandparents didn't have a phone so they can't call them. And I'll take the "plane money" so I can buy new clothes and stuff. And they can't afford another plane ticket just to visit since we moved again. I realized what true love was. You make the biggest sacrifice for it. And now I'll probably not see my parents in some years. But it's all worth it to be with John.