Berks 400th Aniversary

Ok first of all I know this was done in midnight scrum rtte but I had a really good idea.
This is set after Httyd 2 But Stoick is alive and Valka has not been found.

On with the story!

The old town hall was filled with laughter and joyfulness as the citizens of Berk celebrated Berks 400th Aniversary. Hundreds of Vikings danced, played music or sat drinking Meade with friends. The chief of Berk sat on a huge seat made for his father but was ultimately huge for his tall gangly shape. The lad was merely twenty one, still young as he watched over his village with pride, happiness and awe at what he had created. His forest green eyes sparkled as they swept over the hall, dragons and Vikings danced together, well sort of. A woman walked through the hall offering pints of Meade, she approached the chief offering the shield down for him to take his pick. But he shook his head declining the offer , as the woman left two slender arms wrapped around his tors.
"You know, you really should relax, nothing is going to happen." A soft voice said in his ear.

"I know, but ever since that thing with the trappers I can't relax knowing are dragons might be taken away. Forever." He sighed, it was a bitter sweet night. He was getting into the party, but worried about the dragons.

"Aye, you are both right. Tonight's a night to enjoy ourselves but we can never let our guard drop completely." A huge man with a greying wild red beard approached the two.

The young man nodded, it's not only the dragons he was nervous about. At the end of the party he was going to make a life changing decision and if it went wrong he would be humiliated forever. Astrid pulled the young man to his feet and towards the dance floor. The musicians had struck up a tune with the fiddles and a visitor from outside the archipelago was playing something called a 'banjo'. Astrid led the awkward man in a waltz, pulling him across the the floor in a reasonably respectable manner, much to the surprise of the friends.

After a while the chief sat down again, watching his friends laugh and drink. Reluctantly he sipped at a mug of Meade, admittedly it did help him relaxed but briefly decided he would like to be sober when he made his decision. He was constantly on his feet after a while, talking general politics with the elders, cracking a few jokes with the wee ones and talking to a few restless dragons.
Circling the hall a few times before once again he gravitated back to his seat where a pitch black Night Fury sat quietly observing his own tribe of dragons.

"Hey bud, bet you're having an easier time with your chief duties eh'?" The wide green eyes looked up and met their equal. The unbreakable bond between dragon and boy. The din of the party seemed to be muted as they looked into each others eyes. When they did break out of the trance the hall seemed slightly quieter. But they were Vikings, only slightly. With dragon by his side the lad walked towards the musicians, he spoke into the visitors ear and then he spread the word to the others.

Slowly a soft tune began to arise from the band as the boy whistled walking to the centre of the hall where Astrid was talking to Heather from the Beserker Tribe. Secretly everyone was thankful that her brother had to stay behind. The mood had changed distinctly as Astrid turned noticing her chief behind her, she found herself alone as Heather stepped away to join the circle.
"What are you doing?" She asked him but he kept whistling slowly in time with the instruments.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas,
With ne'ar dear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life,
If you will marry me.
No scorching sun, nor freezing cold
Will stop me on my journey." He began, a red blush creeping up his cheeks. Stoick turned sharply upon hearing the tune and then his son singing. He stood on an angle, watching his son as he sang the song of love. He had known about him asking for Astrid's hand but never knew he was going sing the song. His mouth agape he watched every move he made.

"If you will promise me your heart and love." The lad finished awkwardly, but then he lowered into one knee. "Astrid, I have loved you since thirteen. And will love you till the day I die, I'm no romantic m'lady I think everyone knows that. I'm just me, tall and awkward. And I Hiccup Horrendous Haddock The Third ask you , Astrid Hofferson for your hand in marriage. Will you marry me Astrid? All this awkwardness and all?"

A hushed gasp fell across the hall, awaiting the answer.

"Yes. Yes I will marry you with all your quirks and weird hand gestures and dangerous inventions! Yes!"

Do you guys want to have a marriage chapter?