Your Fathers Sword

Stoick didn't make it to Hiccup in time to push him out the way. What Hiccup didn't know that Astrid had recently discovered she was pregnant with Hiccups baby. Nine years on the village still mourns the loss of their soon to be chief, with Snotlout standing as acting chief until Astrid's son is old enough to do so and Stoick died two years after from old age. Toothless is depressed and rarely wanders into the village, spending his days in the cove.

"Ingvar! I told you not to open that box!" Astrid told her son sternly, taking away the inferno blade and small wooden chest with the carvings of HHHIII. This time Astrid out it high above out of her curious sons reach, she knew he was becoming more interested in his father who's story was never told. He merely had  always had a mother and never a father. The complete opposite of what Hiccup's upbringing had been and Astrid hated that another generation of the same blood had to go through that.

The old gang had become more distant but even closer at the same time, pulling together when dark days hit Astrid. The days where she looks at her son and can't look at him without breaking down. On those days Fishlegs gave him theory on all things dragons, the twins gave him crash courses  on all things explosive, Gobber taught him all things smithing and Snotlout taught him all things chief duty. But at some point the young boy would always ask the same question: "Who was my dad?"

The which even the toughest of Berks Vikings stop and look away for a moment before ignoring the question.

"But mum, I want to know about dad. I old enough now, I want to know!" Ingvar pleaded, Astrid knew he was right he deserved to know about his father. Sighing she looked away, trying to bring it together.

"Fine! I'll ask Gobber." He told her racing out the house to the forge, the streets icy but he didn't have the metal leg that always cursed his father during Snoggletog. The old smith was singing quite badly as Ingvar entered the forge.

"Gobber? Do you have a minute?" Ingvar called, the man put down turned off the blade and kicked a pail for the boy to sit on.

"Spit it put laddie" Gobber instructed him thoughtfully.

"I want to know about my dad, mum won't tell me. I need to know who he was" He blurted to the old ma, Gobber sighed, it was time.

"Your fathers name was Hiccup Horrendous Haddock The Third, he wasnae usual viking. Berk hasn't always had peace with dragons, 'twas yer father who made the peace. When Hiccup was fifth teen he shot down the unholy off spring of life and death itself. A Night Fury, at this time I was training him, yer mother, the twins, Snotlout and Fishlegs to kill dragons. Well no one believed Hiccup could shoot down a dragon like that but Odin he did, and he kept him a secret for weeks. Soon he become top of his class.

"Yer mother was getting increasingly jealous of his success, hated him even. Until the day Hiccup was chosen to kill the Monstrous Nightmare, Snotlout' dragon. Astrid followed him into the woods and confronted him and then there he was. Hiccup's dragon appeared in all his glory. The short of the long Astrid was won over and the next day something went wrong in the arena and Toothless was captured. The whole village led by Toothless went to go kill this huge dragon, but Thor was Hiccup stubborn. He led the whole team on the backs of their dragons to fight the Red Death. It was killed, but Hiccup was caught in the flames and well he lost 'is leg," Gobber finished the first part of a long tale.

"Hiccup came home a hero, nothing like the scrawny nuisance we had all treated him like," a soft voice came from the door. The leaning in a post was Astrid, her axe glinting in the sun. "Walk with me Ingvar." She told him turning on her heel, Ingvar raced after his mother.

"As a gang we had many adventures, screaming deaths, whispering deaths, change wings the out casts and the beserkers. You name it it attacked us," Astrid smiled softly to herself," we grew up and made ourselves a new home called Dragons Edge. That's a story for a another day." By now Astrid and Ingvar were in the Great Hall, they walked towards the back where ancient painting hung.

Ingvar perked up and pointed at a painting, "that's Stoick The Vast!" He boasted his knowledge.

"And you see that skinny guy next to him? That's Hiccup Horrendous Haddock The Third, your father."

"That's dad? He looks like me!" Ingvar said excitedly.

"Like father like son" Astrid whispered, she sat down at a table and Ingvar slid down next to her.

"An evil man with evil intentions killed Hiccup, with his own dragon. Toothless was under the control of Drago. He was commanded to kill. Ever since Toothless has rarely come into the village, I think he would like you" Astrid told him wistfully, then had an idea. Within ten minutes Astrid and Ingvar were on Stormfly's back and heading towards the cove, a place Ingvar had yet to discover. They landed down and Ingvar looked around with wide eyes at the landscape his father had discovered many moons ago.

"Toothless!" Astrid shouted, and slowly a sleek black shape approached her meekly "it's okay boy. It's not your fault, but there is someone I want you to meet" she told the dragon and then beckoned for Ingvar to come closer. The boy and dragon were curious of each other, almost a a living replica of Hiccup and Toothless when they first met. Ingvar and Astrid headed home, but the next morning were awoken to a brilliant scene.

The chiefs Night Fury, had come home.

Yeah , yeah I know it's bad. I, thinking about doing a modern fan fic-

The Jail and The Bird
(Idk about the name) (name explanation: Jail bird is a term used for prisoners and a bird is a term for female commonly used in England and the show Only Fools and Horses)

Hiccup Haddock is a notorious street fighter, at the ripe age of twenty three he has had a fair share of adventures. When Deputy Detective Astrid Hofferson gets a tip off by an unknown caller she jumps at the chance to crack down on the street fights. By the time DD Hofferson arrives on scene all that left is the slumped unconscious body of Hiccup Haddock. The supposedly dangerous street fighter is nothing like any of the Officers expected.

Hiccup is only the tip of the ice berg, will he help the police get revenge on those who have harmed him, Or leave and resume the dead end Road called the life of a street fighter?

Suggest a name
Hiccup Haddock and Astrid Hofferson are army born and bred, but have followed a little off the solider path. Now fully accredited Fighter Pilots the two work as a team, but an expedition over the Icelandic Forests leaves them crashing suffering severe injuries. Now the two just fight for their lives in the harsh cold, but the chance of rescue falls on the shoulders of new found friends.

Warning! The second one the "dragons" wing be a dog or cat or human even.

PLEASE VOTE WHICH ONE. I know neither blurb is particularly brilliant but I like both but I don't know which one. Maybe The Jail and The Bird 🤔