Balencing Act

Set a week after the ending if HTTYD. Prompt is from the photo above. Warning this will be very short.

Hiccup sat up in his bed, looking down he felt a pang of something unknown. But one thing was for sure, he felt useless. He couldn't walk straight for more than four feet, everyone treated like a glorified invalid. He barley left the house as the wounds made it painful to walk, and his father. Well, he acted like he was made of egg shells. Hiccup stood, leaning on his bed for support, he took a few steps forward before his prosthesis gave way and he fell to the floor bashing his chin in the way down. Hiccup banged his fists against the floor, a few tears of frustration leaking out, he got up again only to revive the same result. He made it almost to the front door, by half crawling. A wave of frustration hit him and he screamed through gritted teeth.

"You stupid leg! Why don't you work you son of a half troll!" He shouted at his leg, he ripped off his metal prosthetic and flung it at the wall. The wall received a dent but it only added guilt to his frustration. The door flung open and Hiccup expected to see the huge shape if his father but instead the small slender shape of Astrid Hofferson

"Hiccup?" She asked tentatively half way through the door. "A-are you okay?" Hiccup had to take a breath to stop himself from snapping at her.

"Yes, I-I'm just getting to know the, the, the ants! See there's hundreds of them all very different!" He tried to cover up his weakness.

"Okay if that's the truth then why is your metal leg on the other side of the room?" Hiccup didn't have an answer for that one so he shrugged looking away. Astrid knelt down bedside him and took his hand.

"It's okay to show that your not as strong as before. Odin, you've lost your leg and still learning how to walk without it." She told him, leaning in to kiss his cheek. "That's for trying to be strong."

"What no punch?" Hiccup teased, Astrid blushed and retrieved his prosthesis from the over side of the room. She dropped it down on his stomach.

"And that's for lying to me." She said, "you should come out side. Toothless misses you. And I know you miss him too." Astrid said before standing up and leaving the house. As soon as she left, a ink black Night Fury crept through the door.

"You want to go for a fly bud?" The young Viking asked him.

Yeah ik it's bad but meh