School

(I seen to make Hiccup get beat up a lot ...)

The small knife imbedded itself in the metal locker inches from someone's head.

"Haddock!!" A carrot haired boy with bulging muscles roars.

"Ah Dagur! Good to see you, nice tattoo!" Dagur's victim tried to diffuse the situation.

"I've been looking for you. You owe me money!" He yelled yanking the collar of Hiccup's shirt sending him slamming down onto his back with a thud.

"I've never owed you money" he groaned staring up at Dagur. The fight had caused quite a  stir and a crowed had began to gather.

"Hah! That's what they all say Hicc-up" the man spat cruelly. Dagur pulled Hiccup by his leg flinging him with ease into a locker which roused a a collective gasp front the onlookers.

"What do I owe you?" Hiccup groaned sitting up and reaching for a tattered leather wallet. Blood was dribbling from a cut above his eye.

"Well, along with sixty dollars beating the crap out of you is fun too!"

"I only have forty which is well paid seeing as I don't OWE YOU ANYTHING!" Hiccup yelled growing the notes.

"Not good enough brother!" Dagur retorted and swung a fist at Hiccup's jaw just as he got to his feet.

It was an ugly fight, more like beating. There were stains of blood on the floor from Hiccup's wounds and it seemed like Dagur would kill him before anyone stopped him. As the fight went on Astrid, who had been friends with Hiccup in their younger years felt sorry for him. She knew he had fallen on some tough times after his father had died, and he had struggled ever since.

"This isn't right" she murmured to Heather, a tall raven haired girl.

"Its fishbone, he had it coming" Ruffnut butted in.

"Listen it's crazy but Hiccup and I used to be friends when we were little. I know he wouldn't do drugs and that's what Dag sells," Astrid told her friends. Ruffnut nodded seeming to understand.

"I'll get my brother" was all she said before she disappeared.  Astrid went to grab Tuffnut's friend Snotlout.

"Get me my money!!" Dagur roared as two of his friends Savage and Thuggory held Hiccup firm to stop him escaping.

"Don't have any more" Hiccup groaned, droplets of blood littering the floor.

Nothing was clear in Hiccup's eyes, but the blows kept coming. His nose was definitely broken, he was face was battered and body bruised. He was just clinging to consciousness.

Dagur cocked his fist and slammed it into Hiccup's bruised jaw.

And then to Hiccups best fortune, the cavalry arrived to save his sorry ass.

"Hey Dagur, don't you think this game is getting old?" Tuffnut Thornston asked the ginger haired boy.

"C'mon man, you've had your fun move on" Snotlout surprises everyone. Thuggory and Savage drop Hiccup's limp body to the floor and start squaring up to fight.

"Wait!" Heather shouts and steps forward up to Dagur and pressing a crinkled twenty dollar bill into his fist.

"There's your money. Its over" she tells him coldly. Dagur stares at the bill and and begins to leave down the hall, but not before ramming his booted foot into Hiccup's stomach before finally moving away from the scene with Savage and Thuggory by his side.

Snotlout wasn't exactly Hiccup's number one fan, but even he knew it wasn't right for him to get beat up senselessly, and Tuffnut wasn't exactly one to go around hating people.

The two hauled Hiccup up by his arms, and he uselessly tried to fight back in panic.

"Woah man, take it easy" Tuff advised as they let him sit on the lockers.

"Thanks for that'" he told them quietly his face flushed red.

"Yeah well my princess asked me so," Snotlout brushed it off brashly.

"Not your princess!" Astrid shouted indignantly, easing her self down next to Hiccup. Her queen bee mask slipping as real concern washed over her.

"I'll pay Heather back" he mumbled softly almost to himself as a reminder to his muzzy mind. Heather and Ruff had hung back but now Heather stepped forward to comfort the boy.

"Don't worry Hiccup, I'm going to make sure we get both our money back" she said firmly.

"He really hates you" Tuff mused, Hiccup just grunted in response.

"We've got your back bro" Tuff declared , and even Snotlout had to agree with that.

Hand for the first time in a long while, through the pain Hiccup felt safe. How ever long the feeling will last, he hoped that at least some people might stop hating him.

Authors Note
Okay, so quick recap: Dagur hates Hiccup, Dagur wanted excuse to beat Hiccup up, Astrid felt sorry for him, the others saved his arse and hopefully will now watch his back. XD