Storybrooke

Kate's POV

This was our last day in England, to be honest I was afraid, all of my previous adoptive parents gave me up because I was not the perfect child, what if it happens again? I don't think I can go through something like that again.

Jen was packing her stuff with a huge smile in her face, I seriously envy her, no matter what happens she always have that smile. I was nervously packing my stuff too but I stopped and touched a spot near my neck.

"What is it?" Jen asked.

"I think I lost my mother's necklace..." I said sadly.  

"Really? Well that sucks!" She said "Are you sure you didn't lost it when you were kidnap?" She asked

"I don't know...maybe I did...Well there's nothing we can do about it, so lets just pack our stuff..." I said and she smiled widely at me. "I wonder how is our new home..."

"I'm sure it's great! And Mary Margaret told me that in Storybrook there is a cafe called Granny's that makes the best pancakes ever!" I didn't answered. "Hey smile! I'm sure this is not going to be like the other times, I think we found a good family this time."

"Yeah maybe you're right..."I said and managed to make a small smile.

***

After a very long flight and several hours in a car we finally arrived Storybrook, it was quite a common town and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, the fresh air filed my lungs and there was some kind off joy in the air. I felt good in this place, maybe Jen was right. Mary Margaret and David walked us through the streets until we reached the famous 'Granny's'.

"Hi!" A kid about 13 years old said smiling.

"Hello there. What's your name?" I asked.

"My name's Henry and you are Kate." He said.

"Indeed I am. So is there anything I can do for you?" I asked and Henry grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a table.

"Actually there is something." He said and took a book from his backpack. "Can you read for me?" 

"Uhm sure..." I opened the book and started to read. He was listening to me smiling, it's seems like he is hoping that something happens. How strange. " ...the girl was taken to Neverland so she could find herself in that place where imagination runs wild. She was expecting some big adventures, but she wasn't expecting to fall in love with the ruthless king of Neverland, Peter Pan... I'm sorry but this story is kinda weird..."

"How so? he asked. 

"The girl, Wendy, she wasn't suppose to go to Neverland alone and Peter Pan is not ruthless, he is just some redhead boy in green tights who fights a evil pirate and plays with children." I said.

"This story is a bit different. Go on keep reading." He said.

"...She met a boy, Felix, who took her to Pan's camp. When they finally meet she didn't believe in him, to her Peter Pan was nothing but a fairytale character; Her attitude made Pan angry so he locked her up in the cage where she almost died. In Pan's camp the girl found a kid who led her to a group of people who were stuck in Neverland just like her. After many adventures and misadventures the girl and Peter Pan fell in love but his evil shadow made  her go back to the humans world and took her memories away so they could never find each other again..." I frowned. "That's it? What a crappy end...Why did you ask me to read this anyways?"

"I wanted to make you remember." He said.

"Remember what?" I asked him.

"You're not ready to know yet..." He said

***

"So this is Emma, that is Regina, Mr Gold, Belle, Neal and Henry..." Mary Margaret said gesturing to the six people staring at me and Jen. For some reason some of them looked extremely familiar. "If for some reason you can't talk with me or David you can count on them to help you, okay?"

"Okay." I said weakly. "So, uhm, what do we do now?" I asked.

"Oh I know!" Jen said with a smirk on her face. "There's a forest nearby. We could go there to explore..."

"No...sorry kid that is a restrict area for both of you...AND..." she said emphasizing the word 'and'. "...that goes for you too Henry!" Emma said and Henry complained.

"What about operation Cobra?" he said.

"We'll deal with that later, right now I think Kate and Jen should go home and rest." She sugested.

"Sure Emma!" Jen said. It isn't usual for Jen to give up so easily on something, I'm sure she has a plan.

***

A noised echoed through the room a I jumped from my bed. I looked at the clock. Midnight! Who the hell is making noises at midnight?! I walked to the kitchen in my tiptoes. I cursed myself for not wearing socks or shoes. I reached out for a glass of water that ended up in the floor because of something  touching my arm.

"W-who's there?" I said trying to be calm. "I'm friends with the Sheriff so I suggest that you..." The person grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. I wanted to scream but a hand was placed in my mouth. A light came from the hallway allowing me to see the person's face. And there it was: the product of some of my nightmares... 

***

Hey there guys!

I wanted to say that I'm really sorry for not updating sooner. But my life became kinda complicated and every time I tried to write my mind was somewhere else. I also had a huge creativity problem and that's probably why this chapter sucks. So go ahead hate me as much as you like, 'cause I deserve it :/

Also, I probably won't update next week 'cause I won't be home. But I'll definitely will try to organize my ideas and try to find a way to make this less boring until the plot twist...

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Feel free to message me about the story or anything else you want to talk about. You guys are awesome!