Chapter Six- The Police Station

I waited twenty minutes before an officer was able to record my statement. I was asked to explain everything that happened during my day and to state anything that I think may be connected to the incident. I explained the situation with the girls in my class and the rumour they began about James. I also stated how I felt this was a little too extreme for those girls and that maybe they had told someone else who took it too far. The police wanted the names of the girls and it was then that I realised I only knew one of the girls names.

"Rebecca Livingstone."
"Are you sure that's the only name you know?"
"Positive."
"Okay well we will get in touch with Rebecca and see what we can find out."

The officer continued to ask me questions about my life and any events that could contribute to this situation. He wanted to know who my friends were and everything about James. He wasn't ruling anyone out yet.

"Will someone else be home at your address tonight? It's not a good idea for you to be alone tonight after this incident. Just as a precaution."
"My room mate Sienna will be home. I might also ask my boyfriend James to stay the night just in case."
The officer shuffled his papers together and stapled the top left corner.
"Okay great. Well anymore problems or anything suspicious make sure you call us. If nothing more happens you'll hear from us in about three working days. Look after yourself."
I put my hand out to shake the officers hand.
"Thank you very much for helping me."
"Not a problem."

I closed the office door to see James and Sienna sitting in the waiting room. Sienna looked terrified and James looked exhausted.
"You guys came. Thank you."
Sienna pushed her glasses back over her nose. She didn't normally wear her glasses, instead opting for contact lenses. It was unusual to see her with glasses in public, I knew she must have rushed over here.
"When I arrived at the flat there were Police there. They asked me to come down and make a statement. It was so scary I had no idea what happened. Why didn't you call me Lily?"
Sienna sounded like she was on the verge of tears. In the commotion of everything I didn't even think to let Sienna know. If the tables were turned I knew that I'd feel as mad as she looked.
"I'm so sorry Si, everything happened so quickly and the police made me leave straight away with them. You're right though, you should have been the first person I contacted."
"I'm just glad your safe. You have no idea how much of a fright I got coming home to that. I thought you had been murdered or something."
Sienna stood up and hugged me tightly. It was the first time in a while that I felt a feeling of genuineness between us. I forgot how much I loved her and needed her.
"I'm glad you're safe too. I'm sorry for all of this, I have no idea what's going on. It's all
so crazy."

I sat down in between James and Sienna, James had not spoken a single word. Sienna was asked to check her details at the administration desk. James and I were left alone.
"I'm sorry I left your house early. This is all my fault, I'm supposed to be there for you and I was so caught up in my own stuff. I'm such a shit boyfriend."
"James, no! The only person who's fault this is, is the person who threw the brick. You didn't know this was going to happen, you couldn't have done anything."
I grabbed James' left hand and bought it close to my lips.
"I'm going to be there more Lil,I promise you."
"Will you stay the night tonight? I'm a little scared."
James shyly smiled towards me.
"Of course baby, I'm going to stay with you all week. Nobody is messing with you while I'm there."
"That would be amazing. I've missed you so much. Should we wait for Sienna and take her home with us?"
I cuddled into James' shoulder. It was the closest I had felt to him in months.
"Yeah."

After around ten minutes Sienna returned to the waiting room and we were allowed to go home. We were under strict instructions to keep all doors and windows locked and to report any suspicious behaviour we may notice.

The aura of our house had changed, it went from homely to unsettling. The window had been boarded up and it was apparent that our landlord had been around to assess the damage. A note was left on the bench telling us that someone would be around Monday to replace the window. James decided to double check each room before Sienna and I went anywhere else in the house. I was impressed with how much he stepped up to look after us and make sure we were safe. We had spent the duration of the day at the police station and all of us were extremely tired.

"I think I'm just going to go to sleep. Hopefully this time nothing happens."
I let out a cheeky laugh as Sienna and James smiled back at me. I could tell they were more on edge than I was. I suppose I had more time to absorb the situation and come to terms with what was happening.
"Yeah I'll come with you. Are you going to be okay Sienna?"
James' attention turned towards Sienna who was standing alone.
"I should be okay. If we leave our doors open we can hear each other and I'll feel safer."
"Yeah that's sweet. Call out if you need anything."

We all walked down the hallway together, Sienna entering her bedroom and James and I entering mine. My room was how I left it, curtains drawn and my bed unmade from my nap. I took off my shoes and curled up next to James. He placed his arms around my waist and for the first time in months I finally felt safe.