⭕️Finding My Demons⭕️

Hope you all enjoy this chapter! [btw youre welcome]

:::::::::::::

Luffy's P.O.V.

A beeping sound woke me up. My eyes peeled open with much effort as I panned around the room I was in. It's the ship's infirmary.

I huffed as I leaned forward, my body felt heavy. My head spun and I pushed my palms into my eyes, hard. I groaned as I looked up again, my vision slightly blurry.

"How are you feeling?" A high pitched voice asked—Chopper. I looked down to him, he was sitting on a stool next to the bed.

My brows were knitted together, my mouth a thin line. Chopper laughed awkwardly. I shook my head, "Sorry. I feel fine." I forced a smile to my cheeks.

Chopper frowned at me. "You are not fine, Luffy!!" He stated loudly. I flinched back in shock. "You're heart is dying! You don't need to act tough in front of your crew! We won't judge you!" Chopper had tears in his eyes.

     Just then the door creaked open. I turned and saw Law. He stalked over to the side of my bed. "Can I speak with him alone." He said more as a demand than a question. Chopper nodded and hopped out of the room.

     Once the door was shut Law turned to me. He had his brows angled in worry. The stool Chopper was sitting on screeched against the metal floor as Law dragged it under him.

    Crossing an ankle over a knee, Law studied me. "I hope you understand you are in a life threatening state right now, Strawhat." He said to me.

     "You're heart has been corrupted by... by someone you don't want to mess with. It's unable to be fixed by the person that did this to you." He added.

     I knitted my brows together. "Who?" I asked. Law said, "'Who' what?" He asked. I ran my fingers through my hair, it was matted from sweat.

"Who did this to me?" I finished. Law ran a hand over his jaw, scratching his go-tee.

"Douflamingo." He answered quietly. I sighed, "Flamingo did this to me? But I've never even seen him before." I said back.

     "Well, he sent underlings to do the job for him, I presume. Because he doesn't have such a power to do that." Law yawned.

    I pursed my lips, "When's the last time you got a good night of sleep?" I asked, worry evident in my tone.

Law rubbed his face, pushing his palms into his eyes. "I don't know, maybe a few weeks?" He answered with a sigh.

I pouted childishly. The bed squeaked slightly as I moved over. I patted the spot next to me on the bed.

Law widened his eyes at me. "Sleep." I said to his reaction. He shook his head as if to get rid of a thought.

The stool screeched as he stood and walked over to the side of the bed. White sheets hissed quietly as he moved them to the side and slid into the bed, kicking off his shoes.

"Law-." I stopped myself when I noticed he had already fallen asleep. I smiled to myself and laid down next to him, huddling into his body warmth.

"Goodnight, Traffy." I whispered before falling asleep.

————

Everything was dark, that's one thing he could understand. A small spot light shining down onto a bed.

Luffy looked around nervously, trying to figure out where he was. A scurrying sound  echoed throughout the non-existent walls.

     He looked down and saw multiple scorpions running on his legs and past him to the bed he saw before. Luffy watched curiously as all of them scorpions started climbing on top of each other.

    They started to form a figure. Seconds later a man puffed into existence from the scorpions.

The man was small, about the size of Luffy. His hands had large claws that were curved into terrifying things. Small drips of poison spilled off of them.

It hissed, a long snake-like tongue emitting from his lips. "Monkey D. Luffy?" He hissed, as though wondering if that actually was Luffy's name.

    "Yes, yes it is." The thing said quietly to himself. It suddenly bowed dramatically, "Congratulations young master. You've finally found me. Took you long enough." It muttered the last part to himself.

    "W-What are you talking about? Who are you?" Luffy asked, though the real question was what are you.

    The bug like creature stood up straight again, looking directly into Luffy's eyes. The boy finally noticed the creatures eyes.

     Dark like the night ocean. So black you would've thought there was no eye there at all.

     The thing made a bone rattling chuckle, "Me?" It said mockingly. "I am a demon. I think?" It said laughing at the end.

Luffy furrowed his brows, a serious expression on his face. "You think?" He asked quietly, almost to himself.

"Well, I do know that I am your demon." It responded while taking a step closer to Luffy. "And I do know that now you've found me," It started. "You have to defeat me."

     Luffy took a step back every time the weird creature took a step closer to him. But now that the light shone on the things face, he looked like someone familiar.

     He looked like Luffy.

   An exact copy with more details, including the talons. Luffy's breath hitched at the realization.

The thing realized that Luffy put two and two together. It ran a clawed hand through it's hair.

"I'll see you next time!! But make sure to keep strong willed. It seems you have some friends that you need to take care of. So don't fall under his rule." It smiled.

"Who-." Before Luffy could ask, the thing puffed out of existence. Leaving him alone in the dark.

——————

I woke up with an agonizing jolt. My heart was thumping in my ears. The room I was in was dark. It reminded me of the place in my nightmare.

I panted through my gritted teeth. Then all the information came back to me. I'm in the infirmary on my ship.

And I fell asleep with— "Luffy! Are you okay?!" Law whispered to me while grabbing my shoulders.

I squeezed my eyes shut, a sharp pain in my chest the cause. "Y-Yeah." I said through a wheeze. "S-Sorry. It was just a nightmare." I explained to him.

"You're gripping your chest. Are you in any pain?" He asked me. It took all of my pride to nod my head slightly.

Law laid me back down and put his hand over my hand: right above my heart. I gasped as he put pressure.

"Listen to me, Luffy." He said seriously while looking me in the eye. "This is going to hurt. But once you're in that dark place again," How did he know? "Fight your demon with all you've got!"

Before I could protest he grunted and pulled my heart out. Then darkness consumed me.

::::::::::::::::::::::

long overdue update.

im in new hampshire on vacation right now so here ya go. love you!!

Total Word Count: 1184