Chapter 21

Don't Let Go reached #11 on What's Hot! You are all so unbelieveably awesome! Thank you!

By the way, some people have been commenting asking how old Bradley and Hannah are, well Bradley is 19 (freshman in college) and Hannah is 17 (junior in high school)

**************

My alarm was blasting. I opened one eye and immediately shut it when I felt the burn of the sun. I reached around for my alarm clock and finally hit the SHUT UP button.

The sound was silenced and I felt movement beside me.

"Hey." Bradleys said. I studied him. His light brown hair was short - but still long enough to definitely look like he had bed head. His green eyes kept disappearing under his eyelids as he kept closing his eyes - not yet used to the brightness around us.

In that moment it felt like innocent fun. Like I had snuck a boy into my room and we were just kids breaking rules. But that feeling didn't last long.

I was reminded of Tristan and how this boy was Tristan's brother. I was reminded that he isn't some guy I snuck into my room for the fun of it - I did it because I can't sleep at night. I did it because everytime I close my eyes I have a nightmare and even though Bradley can't make those nightmares go away, he makes them easier to deal with somehow.

"What's up?" Bradley asked me. I realized I was just staring at him silently, thinking.

"Nothing. Just thinking." I mumbled. I got out of bed and got ready for school. When I came back into my room I noticed Bradley standing by the open window.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"It's really not a long way down - and Aaron is still home so it's not like the front door is an option." Bradley said with an easy smile.

"You can't jump out the window!" I exclaimed.

"I wouldn't be jumping! There's a ledge! I can climb down it!" he insisted. I looked at him uneasily.

"Would you rather I go through the house?" he asked sarcastically. I shook my head.

"Alright - well I'll see you later then." he said with a smile. He crawled out the window and I watched nervously until he hit the ground on two feet. He waved and hurried off away from the house - hoping he wouldn't be seen.

I sighed and went downstairs. Aaron was standing at the kitchen counter with a bowl of cereal in his hand.

"Good morning." I said lightly.

"Hey. How was your night?" he asked. I frowned, that seemed like an odd question.

"Fine." I replied.

"Hungry?" he asked.

"Starving." I answered immediately. Aaron poured me a bowl of cereal and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I said.

"So how was New York and the merger?" I said, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh you know how mergers are.." he trailed off.

"Actually no I don't." I said and Aaron grinned.

"Doesn't matter. What matters is I missed you!" he exclaimed.

"I missed you too." I said, just realizing how much I really meant it. He put down his cereal and attacked me with a hug.

"Say it again say it again." he threatened as I was squeezed between his arms.

"No!" I yelled through my laughter. He tickled me and finally released.

"Well I'm late for work!" he said with a smile.