(y/n) POV

A few moments later, Charles groaned and started to sit up. I quickly put an arm around his back to help support him.

"It's alright, Charles," I whispered. "I'm here."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he said, "you're blocking me. How?"

Apocalypse walked towards us.

"I can shield their minds from your power," he explained, motioning to his 'minions.' I glanced at Erik, whose face was still blank. "It's one of the many gifts I've acquired throughout the millennia." He sat across from us, ignoring the glares I sent him. "But to see inside the mind, to control it, that's your gift. You saw it, didn't you? The glory of what's to come."

"You're going to take part in all this killing?" Charles said, looking at Erik. "Destruction?"

"It's all I've ever known," he replied.

"No it isn't. You've just forgotten."

"No, Charles. I remember. Your way doesn't work."

"I've shown him a better way," Apocalypse said. "A better world."

"No, you've just tapped into his rage and pain. That's all you've done." He looked back at his friend. "I told you from the moment I met you there is more to you, Erik. There is good in you, too."

"Whatever it is you think you saw in me, Charles, I buried it. With my family."

I turned away from him and closed my eyes. I felt Charles grab my hand and squeeze it gently.

"It's going to be alright, (y/n)," he told me telepathically. "I promise you we will get out of this."

"Charles," Apocalypse said. "You will send the message to every living mind. You will tell them that this earth will be laid waist. That it is I, En Sabah Nur, who will reak this upon them." My brother looked back at Erik as Apocalypse knelt in front of him. "Now, deliver my message."

"Even if I wanted to, I couldn't reach that many people. I don't have Cerebro."

Apocalypse scoffed.

"You don't need a machine," he said, standing, "to amplify your powers. You have me."

I opened my eyes to looked at Charles. He hid his fear extremely well, but I could see right through him. I was his sister for goodness sake. I squeezed his hand.

"What are you going to do?" I questioned.

"Deliver his message."

"Charles, no. That's what he wants!"

"I don't think I'm going to have a choice, (y/n)."

Apocalypse raised his hands. I could feel Charles shaking in my arms. I glanced at Erik, whose face with still expressionless. He turned his head slightly and met my eyes. I sighed and shook my head a little. I knew I wouldn't be able to reach him, even if I hadn't been in his mind for years.

"Hear me," Apocalypse said.

"Hear me," my brother repeated.

I looked down at the ground, shutting my eyes tightly as I heard Charles's voice beside me and also inside my head.

"Inhabitants of this world."

"This is a message."

"A message to every man, woman, and mutant."

"You have lost your way."

"But I have returned."

"The day of reckoning is here."

"(y/n)." I glanced up at Charles through my hair. His focus was still on Apocalypse. "Send a message to Jean. Tell her where we are."

"All of your buildings."

"All of your buildings and your temples."

"Will fall."

"Will fall."

I shut my eyes again and focused as hard as I could. I could feel Charles aiding me slightly.

"For there is nothing you can do."

"Jean," I thought. I could feel her mind. "Jean, if you can hear my voice, focus on my voice."

"To stop what is coming."

"Cairo. Find us. Jean, find us. Cairo. Find us, Jean."

"This message is for one reason alone. To tell the strongest among you..."

"Those with the greatest power, this earth will be yours."

"Those with the greatest power..." I looked at my brother when he paused. "Protect those without. That's my message to the world."

Apocalypse's eyes stopped glowing and he looked at Charles with disappointment. I wanted to cry with happiness and laugh and hug my brother, but I held it all in. Instead, I squeezed his hand.

"Well done, Charles."

"Thank you, my dear. Did you get to Jean?"

"I think so. She was with Scott and Kurt at some facility. I told her we were in Cairo."

"Good. Now let's just hope they get here in time."