008

you had finally returned to the rent-a-girlfriend exclusive apartments (also known as the r.a.g house by residents) after a full day of work and reconnecting with old friends—now all you wanted to do was kick back and rest your feet with a well deserved quiet session of late night tv binge watching with your bestfriend.

though she seemed to have other plans in mind as she just wouldn't shut up about you and seokjin finally staying close again—making you want to hit her with the bag of chips you were holding.

♥︎

"stop laughing, I'm being serious rita! this relationship could really flourish now that everyone's back together. they say long distance relationships are the hardest to maintain so the hardest part is actually over for you both."

gyuni grunts and puffs out her cheeks as you laughed at her unrealistic remarks—sometimes you swore that she got so invested in your love life that it was like she was trying to live through you.

"come on, jin's sweet and kind and he puts so much energy into taking care of others—which is why you two get along so well," the black haired girl shimmies her shoulders in a little dance."two cupid's falling in love."

"coopid's wuve?"  you repeat with a mouthful of snackage, earning a dirty glare from your friend.

"please...chew," scrunching her nose, gyuni leans over your mirror—trying to take out her contact lens but ends up flinching each time her finger touches her lashes.

"I'm saying that you both are always working really hard to make other people fall in love and I'm just relieved to see you both putting yourselves first for once... it's healthy to be a little selfish at times."

you didn't say anything immediately to that, but instead wiped your face with the back of your arm and let your eyes wander aimlessly.

"in all fairness it's easier to match up other people when you can't get hurt in the process—I mean I already had two major relationship fails and I just don't know how people keep doing this, keep dating I mean. I'm too sensitive to heartbreak and you know that."

you shake your head, grabbing the tv remote and starting to flip. "let's be honest here yuni, if things don't work out for me this time I'm probably going to be done with trying to find someone."

now that seemed to make your friend swerve around with impressive speed, her hair swinging around as she gives you the same look she gives when she smells fish—absolute disgust."wait...come on now, that's not fair. you and chanyeol made up right?"

"yeah."

"and how many people do you known that are still friends with their ex's hm?" she raises her voice in a witty tone, already knowing the answer but still expecting you to answer.

"none..."

"exactly so chanyeol is not a fail but a victory," gyuni firmly nods her head and pounces onto your bed, snuggling up against your lap as you flip through the channels.

"and besides, where did all of this pessimistic attitude come from huh? come on let's look at the good stuff here—jin's perfect. he loves you and you..."

she leans in, waiting for you to finish her sentence with a smug smile crossing her lips.

"...love him," you finally give in, a bashful smile forming.

"right, so stop thinking so hard and let love do it's work, in the end it knows what's best for you."

now it was your turn to chuckle."when did you get so poetic?"

"I learned from the best." she chuckles, booping your nose with her finger and letting her eyes crinkle as she smiles.

and even after it was all said and done, even after your bestfriend had given the best speech she could come up with and your favorite tv show had appeared on the screen, even though you were happy to finally be in a good relationship with someone who treats you well...you felt an uneasiness in your stomach.

but you were being ridiculous, no one was better than seokjin—it was just your nerves talking, nothing could ever make you doubt that you found the perfect guy.

intaking a deep breath, you sink lower into your bed, finally relaxing a bit when a knock on the door makes you look up before glancing down at gyuni who chose to ignore the obvious knocking as she laid her head on your lap.

"you don't think you should get that?"

"no."

"well you have to get it because I can't get up with you laying there."

immediately gyuni sat up, pushing a handful of popcorn in her mouth."there."

"lazy ass."

"selective movement, get it right."

rolling your eyes, you push yourself off the bed and make your way to the door."I'm coming!"  you call as the knocks continue. twisting the handle, you pull the door open and your heart flutters so high it might as well had flown away.

standing in front of you was the one person that could make you question if air was truly necessary to breath.

in front of you stood a blond with an unbottoned collar and loose cuffs, in his hands an arrangement of lilies to sweeten the air.

his lips curl and a wisp of hair falls onto the bridge of his nose when he tilts his head down to look at you, or look through your soul.

"I hope it's not to late for a welcome home present."