019

you had to admit, chan sweeping you away was well worth the lost client as you both spent the car ride reminisced over your history together—recalling when you both used to stay under one roof as he drove you to his "new" home; a place you hadn't seen before now.

still sometimes it surprises you just how close you both still are despite having traveled with him for over a year. then again it was only one misunderstanding that broke you both up, and one mishap shouldn't erase all of the history and memories you shared.

"your shoes are everywhere, don't you ever pick them up?" you tease as you pick up a pair of his loafers from the middle of the entryway.

"only if I'm planning on wearing them,"
he shrugs only to lead you into the living room where he had  several turtlenecks laying left and right.

"you're such a mess."

"well when you have to keep a clean and polished face in public, it only makes you want to be as messy as possible in private," he pouts as he looks over the room decorated in clothing.

shaking your head, you begin to tidy up a bit."you're rich, hire a maid."

now huffing, he also begins to help out."I hate having women in my house, that's how scandals start."

arching an eyebrow, you feel the quality cotton fabric; noticing the scent of cologne still lingering on the garments."well I'm a woman, and I'm in your house."

"you're different."

"how so?"

there was a pause, a pause that obviously indicated that he was trying to think before breaking the silence."because you're you and they're them."

in that moment you caught yourself chuckling, thinking that you had in fact stumped the millionaire."you literally said nothing."

"trust me, it's hard to explain but you make this place feel a little more homely..."adding his one shirt to your pile of successfully folded items, he squeezes your shoulder and nods his head towards the glass patio doors.

"speaking of home, there's a friend sitting out in the back who I'm sure you'll be excited to see again."

gesturing for you to drop the pair of trousers you were folding, chanyeol guides you to the slide-out glass door, pushing it open only for you to shake at the gust of night air that blows in.

stepping out, you notice the thin layer of moonlight shimmering across the pool and the silhouettes of  lounging chairs spread across the deck—ironic since chanhee hardly ever held company.

eyes wandering, you couldn't help but squint at a figure; a male figure that stood at the edge of the poolside, gazing out into the darkening sky with his hands crossed behind his back; the presence of several rings catching the moons rays.

"I hope you didn't get too lonely while I was gone. I brought you an old friend, thought she could make this place feel a little more friendly to you."

shifting his stance gracefully at the sound of chan's call, the quiet figure shifts his gaze and turns his head. the first thing you immediately notice were prominent freckles and a catty curve to his eyes; lips widening, you could both feel the energy building between the two of you as your minds helped fill in the blanks that you both couldn't see in the dark.