015

jimin was waiting outside of your r.a.g. apartment door, rocking back and forth with a small container in his hands.

"why didn't you tell gyuni that you've been waiting out here? she could've let you up—come on it's too cold for you to be out like this..."

"oh...I didn't have a problem waiting here," he starts, pushing his weight off of the wall and bowing casually.

stumbling to find your keys, you shake your head."you said you needed my help?"

"yeah, y'know today's—today's my birthday and... I really need someone to help me eat this cake," he mumbles with a bashful flush appearing against his cheeks as he holds out s tiny box that held a thick slice of cake made for one. "I'm–I'm sorry if I made it sound too urgent, I hope I didn't worry you or anything."

coughing, you drop your keys just as you were putting it into the lock.

birthday? is that the event you thought you were forgetting? did you seriously forget his birthday of all things?

"you didn't have me worried at all, but I didn't realize today was your birthday and now I'm a bit worried that you'll hate me for saying that I didn't get you anything," twiddling your fingers, you were mentally kicking yourself—how could you not know his birthday!

"It's okay, I wouldn't expect you to know."

"but its not right, I hang out with you so much but didn't even do anything for your special day," picking up the sliver of metal, you push it into the door and twist until you hear a click.

"in all fairness I never liked telling people about my birthday, especially when someone would always decide to throw a big party, I know they mean well...but I prefer to spend my birthday alone," he admits with a shrug, stepping back and bowing when another girl walks past him and takes a double glance at the two of you before entering her own room.

it was getting later and it was less common to see male visitors at this time.

"so per tradition I bought a little cake and as I was heading home I suddenly felt the urge to share with someone—and the first person that came to mind was you."

he taps his fingers on the plastic container, shaking his head as he tries to figure out the best wording to use. "I know it's short notice and all, and I don't expect you to do anything special for me, I just wanted to share my cake with somebody I really like before midnight."

"someone you really like huh?"

he nods, shy in the way he licks his lip as if nervous.

"get in before you catch a cold and have to spend the rest of the night with a thermostat in your mouth," you eventually chuckle and guide the male inside—flicking on the lights to see piles of laundry laying around the house, you cringe in silence as you try to move them as nonchalantly as you could.

"you don't have to clean up for me rita, I'll be leaving soon anyway—besides I think that the bra hanging from the tv gives the room a nice touch."

hooking the strap of your bra by his finger, jimin shakes his head as he follows your lead in collecting items—joking a bit to minimize your embarrassment.

"the place screams bachelorette," his shoulders shake as he twirls the bra and follows you into your room where you were struggling to shove your clothes back into their drawers, while he simply began to fold and slip things where he thought they went.

now you pout, watching him somehow organize your room better than you ever could. "first you offer me cake and then you somehow clean up my house better than I can, you're really starting to make me feel bad about not getting you anything."

"I like helping you, you're a very...helpable person," he shrugs off as he adjusts a perfume bottle on your dresser and sets the tiny cake container down.

"did you just call me problematic?"

"a little, yes."

"well my problematic butt should repay you sometime—tell you what, tell me something that you want."

"rita I already told you not to worry about that."

"come on jimin, just one thing—it doesn't even have to be big, maybe you want my left sock or a home cooked meal."

he huffs, running a hand through his blonde hair and opening up your window to let in the spine chilling autumn air. "you're not gonna let this go are you?"

"nope," grabbing a thick blanket, you drag it over to the window and toss it over yourself and jimin as you both lean on the window seal.

"well I guess there is one thing..."

"I'm all ears," you perk up before snuggling in closer, the blanket collecting your body heat and making it easier for you to rest your head on the male's shoulder.

"that time we kissed," he clears his throat, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "last year y'know...that was one of the most amazing moments of my life and I've been trying for the longest to replay that moment in my head, trying to relive it again..."

your heart was beginning to pound.

"so if you really want to give me something,
then maybe we could do that again? recreate that moment?"

his finger brushes against yours and
you stumble over yourself. "oh I..."

"but we don't have to if you don't want...it was just a thought," he adds, covering his flushed face, flustered by his own request.

and that was where you crossed the line,
and you knew it.

when you didn't tell him no.
when you didn't try to change the subject.

when you tried to say that it was a one time thing. saying that it was just for his birthday.

when you leaned in, closing the gap between you both with a tender kiss on his lips; causing him to immediately return it by leaning in and resting a hand under your chin—refusing to let you pull back as he mumbles between breathes that your lips were sweeter than any cake he's ever had.

and all you could think about was how terrible of a girlfriend you were for enjoying every second of it.

[+]
I wanted to post two chapters today but I'm traveling and very tired!