014

after hoseok so generously took you to where you needed to be, you walked into a small diner, a place with an entirely different vibe from the restaurant namjoon took you both to.

this one was homey, with everyone talking to everyone, with a beer bar not too far off and a tv screen on the corner of the walls—this was most likely a family owned diner considering that a little girl no older than thirteen was checking to see if there were available seats for your party of two.

inhaling the stickiness of maple syrup, listening to the sizzle of steak and watching the dripping red tomatoes being sliced from the comfort of where you stood, it only took a few more moments of absentmindedness before you're blinded by a pair of hands.

"guess who."

"hmm," warmth courses through your fingertips as you feel the hands covering your eyes. curling your fingers around them, you pivot and pull the mystery man's hands down with a smug smile."I don't wanna."

staring into the eyes of an astonishingly well dressed seokjin, you watch as he shakes his head and lets his lips turn up. "miss yoh, you're absolutely no fun to play with."

"ah come on, I can be fun in other ways."

"how?"

leaning into his ear, you mumble something quite unintelligible—however whatever you said seemed to cause jin to stumble, eyes wide and face hot."rita!"

"what?" coy playing across your features, you twirl around and take the lead in finding your dining seats.

after you both had your fill of homestyle cooking, jin cocks his head against his palm."do you know what today is?"

"a week day," you nod with a mild hint of sarcasm...if it wasn't friday then it didn't matter in your world.

now he rolls his eyes, leaning across the table to brush several crumbs from your face. "why are you so bad at this? it's october thirteenth."

"so—wait it's not your birthday is it?" you perk up with a chill running down your spine, covering your mouth with your hand. "because if so I might've forgotten and didn't get you a present."

blinking, seokjin waits as the mini waitress sets two fresh mugs of water on the table; rings of water already forming on the wood.
"december's my birthday and today's kiss day."

"ah, thats today?" you weren't ever really good with keeping up with holidays, unless it was christmas or your birthday.

your boyfriend nods quietly, picking at what was left of his rice." do you think we should celebrate it? our first holiday together?"

you didn't answer immediately and instead the uruption of chatter around you takes over while you pick at a buttered biscuit.

"I mean, I don't mind—but why didn't you tell me before I ate that pasta? now I'm all insecure about my kisses," you pout, regretting that you asked for extra sauce.

"I'm sure your kiss will still be cute even if it tastes like noodles."

"ish, that's not reassuring. now I need to go brush my teeth and steal mints from the fancy bathroom."

that was all it took to make seokjin cover his mouth and do that laugh, that weird cute laugh that always made him glow, that lugh that made his normally tame hair shake and fall over his face, that laugh that always made you feel like you accomplished something.

"I'll be right back weirdo."

"how many are you going to eat?"

"as many as it takes."

"it wasn't even garlic pasta, you're fine!"

"no I'm not."

"rita, one kiss."

"no," you mumble as you pop what could've been your fifth mint into your mouth

"as your boyfriend I can swear that I won't think any less of you for having a pesto kiss."

"yeah, you'll just make fun of me endlessly."

"but it will make up for all the future mornings that I kiss you with morning breath and you complain, so can you please..."

he grips your wrist and tilts his head, the stature difference between the two of you obvious in the way that his body casts a
shadow on you."stop eating mints?"

"just let me have two more and then I'll feel—"

stealing a quick kiss to initiate his intentions, seokjin's hand moves to the side of your face; covering either of your mouths from being seen by anyone who could've been looking.

only after a moment do you melt into the embrace and kiss him back—falling into the moment when something strikes you like lightening.

"wait...kiss day is june fourteenth you little—"

"ah, ah, you wouldn't hit such a pretty face would you?"

"you lied to steal a kiss from me!"

just as you were ready to pounce on your mega liar of a boyfriend, you catch the vibrations of your phone in your purse. "huh?"

"what is it?"  leaning in, seokjin tries to diagnose the shocked expression that had unconsciously animated your face.

"oh it's jimin...he said that he really needs my help with something."

"well I guess you better get out there and see what he wants yeah?"

now your lips turn up and you nod."yeah, but don't think this lets you off the hook for playing me like that."

ignoring your mild threat, jin shakes his head and pulls out the money to pay for the meals "mhm, just be careful out there okay? and it's starting to get late—don't stay out too long."

"okay."

[+]
these two chapters were such a PAIN and I am displeased with the fact that I spent 3 week's editing and yet still being subpar. BUT we're finally getting to the good stuff mwahh.