4

Several more months went by, and it was now November. It had almost been a year since the accident, and it was only a week until Logan's first birthday.

You would think it would be a hard time for Parker, and it was, but he was dealing with things a lot differently now.

"Macy!" Parker yelled from the living room. "Come on we have to get Logan from mom and dads'!"

Macy, a blonde haired girl that Parker had been dating (although if you ask anybody, they'd tell you that she was using Parker for the money and he was using her for the sex), walked into the living room. She smiled seductively as she placed a hand on Parker's chest and looked up into his eyes with her green ones.

"Parker, baby, why don't we stay here a little while longer?" She said as she kissed his neck, even though they had literally just gotten through in bed.

"Macy." Parker sighed as he let the feel of her lips on his skin consume him. "Baby, we just-"

Parker let himself get a little too carried away standing there against the wall with Macy, but thirty minutes later he finally got off her and walked into the kitchen. He took a bottle of water out of the fridge, and opened the cabinet that he had started putting his medicine in. He grabbed a bottle and popped a few pills before chasing them down quickly. He then put the water back and grabbed a beer.

"I'm going to get Logan." Parker said as he walked by Macy.

"What did you just take?" She asked him, standing there with her arms crossed.

"None of your damn business. Now I'm going to get my son that I haven't seen in days because of your stupid ass." Parker said as he grabbed his keys.

"I don't have to be here, you know." Macy replied.

"Then go. I can find another slut for sex. Go on then." Parker stated as he walked out, slamming the door behind him.

***

"Daddy!" Logan smiled as he handed Parker a piece of paper.

Parker smirked as he took the paper and his eyes scanned over it. "A picture for me, huh? It's good, buddy. I like it."

Logan smiled as he kept coloring on another piece of paper. Parker sighed as he leaned back on the couch and started looking on his phone.

"So Parker, what are we doing for Logan's birthday?" Parker's mom, Nancy asked.

"I don't know." Parker shrugged without looking up. "It's not like he's going to remember it."

"Parker, I know you don't want to do it without-"

"Don't talk about that. I'm fine." Parker interrupted rudely. "We'll have some cake and ice cream and I'll go buy him some presents."

"Parker, what's wrong with you these days?" Nancy asked.

"Nothing, Mom, god!" Parker grunted angrily as he stood up. He picked up Logan. "Tell Grandma bye bye."

"Bye bye, gamma." Logan said sweetly as he waved his hand with the crayon still in it.

"Bye bye baby, I love you two." Nancy said.

Parker mumbled an agreement as he grabbed Logan's bag that was by the door before walking out.

"Let's get home, buddy." Parker said as he walked quickly to the truck, Logan holding onto him and resting his head on his shoulder.

***

After giving Logan a bath, Parker sat in the rocking chair with him, rocking and they both watched television until Logan dozed off. Parker laid Logan down upstairs in his crib, and walked into his own bedroom. He called Macy to come over again, and she was there within thirty minutes.

Parker and Macy were laying in bed after sex, and Parker was smoking a joint and drinking a beer. Macy was loving up on him, but he didn't really pay her any mind.

Then his phone started ringing and he immediately picked it up without even paying attention to who it was.

"What's up?" Parker said as he laid his head back on his pillow.

"Mr. Parker Schnabel?" The man on the other line inquired.

"Yeah, this is him." Parker sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

"Your wife is awake and alert, and..." the doctor's voice trailed off in Parker's mind.